Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Madrone wood for smoking?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
biggben
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Madrone wood for smoking?

So I'm trying out madrone wood in my smoker. I have never used it before so I am interested to see how it turns out. Apparently it is safe to use for smoking although there is not allot of info on what the smokes flavors would pair well with. So I decided to try pork and chicken first before advancing to the more expensive types of meats such as beef or venison. On the grill is a Boston Butt and two chicken breasts. I'm not sure how useful the info might be to some of the users on here. But after much research on here and the web and finding nothing helpful. I decided to go out, try it, and report back my findings for those who might pose this question in the future.

Wish me luck

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
Sawdustguy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts

I have never used it and have no idea where to get it. I mostly use apple and cherry. Let us know if it is any good. Good luck!

Guy

Old 07-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
biggben
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Ok so madrone wood is definitely a red meat wood it's very similar to mesquite and I mean very similar. It has a bite to it as well. It's a very low ashing wood as well.

Quick Reply