Introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goblism

Reaction score
I have been eyeing out the beer part of this forum for a couple of months, but tonight I discovered the FOOD part. Thought I would just introduce myself.

I do a lot of my smoking/sausaging making on my bradley smoker. I also do a lot of sausage making with my uncle and we smoke in his 40" masterbuilt. He use to be a butcher and ran his own corner locker and he has some killer recipes for snack sticks and summer sausage. My uncle helps out a hog farmer and ends up butchering a hog every other week for his employer...but he can get as much pork as he wants...can you say endless pork supply!

I also help out a family with 10 kids. Their dad is a farmer and raises hogs as well. We butchered 6-7 pigs last year at their place (First one was in June) and will probably be doing 7-8 this year. We use a couple of #22 grinders and usually end up grinding up everything except the ribs and bacon, sometimes we keep the loins.

Between my uncle and that family we ended up making close to 300lbs of brats last year, 100lbs of breakfast links, 75lbs of ring bologna (absolute favorite), 50lbs of italian sausage, 100lbs of snack sticks, 175lbs of summer sausage, and around 400lbs of just ground pork, seasoned and unseasoned.

Since I have access to all this pork I started making my own bacon, wife doesn't like a lot of the homemade stuff liked canned goods and the such, but she said my bacon is better than anything she has ever bought!

She also thinks my pulled pork is fantastic (Served it for my grooms supper) and my ribs are better than any barboque joint we have been too. Smoked chicken, wings, tenderloin, and other meats, and cannot forget ABT's!!! Planting 12 jalapeno plants this spring so that I can keep those coming all season! Also have a bubba keg grill which I am learning to smoke on it, but does a fantastic job on a high temp seared steak, yet to have a dry steak from this grill.

Gotta love the sausage making equipment as well, currently have 3 stuffers. Thinking about building my own mongo 30lb hydro stuffer. Have 2 #22 grinders (bought with other people, looking to buy the cabelas #42!), and about 20lbs of bulk seasoning. I use to frequent the bradley forums a lot, since they have a ton of info on smoking/sausage making but have cut back as of recently (new liquid obcession)

Just thought I would do this little intro

Latest posts

Back