Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Good spicy wing sauce anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
benzy4010
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Good spicy wing sauce anyone?

Anyone have a good wing sauce recipe? I LOVE wings and now it's time to cook my own but need a sauce and don't want the store bought stuff, not spicy enough. I like the buttery flavor sauce

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
nicegut
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The key is a mixture of two items. The buttery flavor comes from an item in the restaurant business known as Phase butter. It is available in supermarkets in the isles with the popcorn products. I think it is called movie theater butter. Usually a vegetable oil based product. Mix to taste with whatever sauce you love. Also, adding sriracha sauce (asian condiment) will push the heat level up a bit. I put it in my homemade BBQ sauces all the time. Cheers!

Old 05-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
USAFSooner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Try this:

http://www.evoamerica.com/cooking/ev...rs-death-wings

The base sauce will give you about a 3-4 or on a 1-10 heat scale. Its a really good warm-sweet sauce. Use the After Death and Sudden Death to ratchet it up a few notches. Add two tablespoons of the base sauce in a bowl with six wings right out of the fryer, then add about 6 drops or so of After Death or Sudden Death.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1647 Times on 1238 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

I have made lots of good sauces, but if you really want that "classic" wing sauce with more heat, start with crystals of Franks and build on that. Why re-invent the wheel just to end up with the same thing?

I have ghost chili powder and hab powder.

Either will up the heat considerably without changing the flavor much. Most hot sauces will add more vinegar, which is OK, but not necessary if you have pepper powder.

Quick Reply