Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > First Brisket (on the BGE)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #31
SavoryChef
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 108 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I usually inject my briskets with a beef broth solution and cook hot at 275F for 8 or so hours. I wrap it in foil or a aluminum pan at 170F and bring it up to 200F and then let it rest for a couple hours. The best I got was 10th place out of 50 competitors.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #32
headbanger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 705 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 1418

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin View Post
13 hours on the egg @ 225. Came out a hair dry, but that's me being critical. Guests loved it. I am thinking about foiling it next time to help with moisture but could use any tips!

Attachment 53578
I start mine at 200 and let that go to internal 150 or so then turn up to 225 until internal 175-180. Then put in pan and cover with foil, turn up heat to 240 and pull at internal of 197-205. Super moist, super tender but nice pull and bark/ring that legends are made of.

Oh, forgot to mention that I do inject with a broth mixture and dry rub the night before. If you're interested lmk and I'll post up recipes for both.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #33
jammin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 211 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 141

That sounds like a solid technique. I will try it out on my next brisket.

I have a digital controller so changing temps like you do shouldn't be a problem.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #34
Hernando
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Another thing you can try is once you hit your temp. Wrap your brisket in foil then some old towel or blankets. Throw it in a cooler and let it rest for an hour. This way the bark isn't ruined by being wrapped while smoking and your juices will be redistributd in the meat. I use this method every time for briskets chucks and butts.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS