Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Dry Cure DIY cabinet plans

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
TrickyDick
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default Dry Cure DIY cabinet plans

Hey!

Looking to get into making some dry cured sausages. I understand after much reading, that controlling humidity and temperatures is important.

I am wanting to build a cabinet/modified fridge that can do this, possibly even multiple chambers for each stage, but not quite sure where to start.
Thought about the temp controlled fridge with humidifier and humidity controller added in, plus possibly a small PC case fan for air circulation.

Anybody here that's built something like this, or does dry curing please PM or respond to post.

Thanks!

TD

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
cervid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

These are the plans I will be following. I've been waiting a couple years to do it and it's hard to find old fridges by me for some reason, or if they come up I don't have the dough. I live in a rural area though.

I guess I just ought to buy the cheapest new one I can figuring it will pay for itself within a couple years due to Energy Star and current design vs. and old one.

http://mattikaarts.com/blog/charcute...ome-the-setup/

This guy's blog is great too..

Here's another good one..

http://honest-food.net/category/charcuterie/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply