Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Dat Gabbagool stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

2nd round of cure on, drained off about 1/3 of a cup of liquid... nothing really to take pictures of so I didnt.

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Today is hanging day and what a day it's been....

Before I started I realized I was low on butchers twine so I headed out to get some.... On the way I realized I was broke because I paid dues at the firehouse so had to hit a ATM... Then the wife called and I had to swing by the firehouse to get some stuff I had there... then she wanted me to get some **** for the kid... needless to say instead of being done right after breakfast I just finished now.... just in time to start dinner >.<

Anyway doing 1 hot and 1 sweet

biggest issue I ran into was I screwed up when I ordered my casings and they were too small so I had to improvise....
after some research I found a method using wood shims and zip ties sooooooooooooooooo

Just have to keep cinching down the ties as the meat drys but since I have to add water to the humidifier ever couple days thats no biggie.
So guess I'll be posting again sometime in May

Revvy Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #13
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2725 Times on 1633 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Love the Mcguyver-esque torture device.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #14
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

got fuzzy mold and threw it out

Have to try again in the fall