Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > Best gas grill for the money?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2998 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
not to hijack this thread:

Does anyone know of a smaller/smallish, high quality gas grill?
Try and find a weber 2 burner. I don't know the model numbers but there are quite a few smaller webers out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #12
jgilbreth
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The new genesis model has front to back burners, and the knobs are on the front now so you don't loose the space on the sides.

I went to a local specialty grill and fireplace shop, and they carried the EP model genesis. It was 50 bucks more than the E-310, but had stainless cooking grates, flavorizor bars and longer warranties. They threw in a $55 grill cover, so I figured it was a wash. Wow am I glad I went to look there! The cast grates were my only worry with the genesis, so with stainless, it's everything I was looking for. Amazing how well it cooks. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Definitely not cheap, but worth it if you ask me.

Primary: Empty
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: Wheat Pilsner, Oatmeal Stout
Next Up: Orange Blossom Honey Hef

Last edited by jgilbreth; 04-02-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Typo

Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
webergrill
Recipes 

Default webergrill

Really this is the one best weber gas grill named as “summit”. I am using this from last two years. It makes my kitchen comfort on affordable prices. It offers me all the professional cooking features such as, side burner, full rotisserie system with an uncommon mounted infrared burner, and the most prestigious dedicated smoker.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
Airplanedoc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 288 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Go with a Weber, spend the extra bucks for the Cast Iron grates, and the Natural Gas hookup, If you have NG at home. I switched 10 years ago, and have not run of of propane, swapped a tank, or had to store extra tanks in years and love it.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
Grimm
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Incase you are still wondering, get a weber. I picked up a weber s-330 this year after going thru numerous charbroil grills and i couldn't be happier. Although i would suggest the stainless stell grill grates as they are much easier to keep clean then the cast iron.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
jammin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 192 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Why not get a Traeger or similar pellet feeder?

You get the convenience similar to gas, and delicous taste of hardwood smoke. You will never get flare-ups either. I don't care how sweet your gas grill is, cooking chicken thighs, many cuts of pork and fatty beef - you will fight flare ups.

You would seriously be able to open up your BBQ capacity with a pellet feeder vs. gas. You will find yourself cooking things you would have normally been leary of.

Best of all, it is very difficult to burn/dry food out on a pellet feeder smoker/roaster.

cheers
~j

Old 07-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #17
Weeezle007
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I agree with the Weber fanatics! Next..get a Weber smoker!"

forumrunner_20120720_113205.jpg  

Old 07-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #18
stratslinger
Brewing Thespian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 85

After making an old cheapo grill last for 10+ years (read, replacing regulators, burners, and grates every 3 or 4 years), we just picked up a Weber s-330 this spring. What a grill that thing is! The SS cooking grates are awesome, for one. The heat is amazingly even and consistent. It just cooks everything beautifully. Only complaints? The side burner doesn't have a truly "low" setting - if you want to simmer something low, keep it inside. And, especially in comparison to the old grill, it's occasionally tough to tell if the grill burners actually are actually lit up, the thing runs so quietly! (I know, some gripe, right?)

Old 05-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #19
quensimp
Recipes 

I got a question for you grill pros out there. I'm new to this but I've recently gotten a little bit more time on my hands and I've started trying to bbq a lot more and I'm loving it! So my wife is allowing me to buy a new grill because she's getting into it too. anyways i'm not sure what to get and I've been looking around a lot. I found this website http://www.squidoo.com/what-is-the-best-bbq-grill and I'm loving the Weber Genesis E-330 model and i've read a lot of reviews and they all seem to be good. what do you guys think? any suggestions?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #20
heidimwood12
Recipes 

I really love the weber E210 and you can view some reviews.

Quick Reply