Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > wrong ssr ordered

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
captainoverspray
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default wrong ssr ordered

So I ordered my ssr's from an ebay seller and they were not described right in the listing. I have contacted the seller to see if I can get a return, guess that is what I get for trying to be cheap in my build. The SSR's are ac input with a 70-280VAC input. Could I still use these with a PID that has a relay output instead of the SSR DC output? I have a relay out PID that I use with my smoker that could be made dual purpose.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Rbeckett
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 29

My SSR' were like 5 or 6 bucks a piece with 3-32 input DC and up to 280V AC out. They are good for 25A and there are 40 A units available for just a bit more. They come from china so it takes a while for them to get here through Ebay. An china tracking is non-existant so just plan to wait. I didn't even know that high volt inputs were even available like that on SSR's. Good luck and lets us know how it comes out with the return.
Bob

What do you mean "no Kidneys"???, WTF now I gotta drink less beer...
Join the Automation sub forum in Electric brewing for a discussion of components and control systems. I did!!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
stlbeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoverspray View Post
So I ordered my ssr's from an ebay seller and they were not described right in the listing. I have contacted the seller to see if I can get a return, guess that is what I get for trying to be cheap in my build. The SSR's are ac input with a 70-280VAC input. Could I still use these with a PID that has a relay output instead of the SSR DC output? I have a relay out PID that I use with my smoker that could be made dual purpose.

I guess i'm trying to understand what the problem is. Is your PID unable to supply the ac input voltage?

Check out this link from Auber Instruments on their 25A SSR's:http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_30&produc ts_id=9

Their parts are good. They ship from Atlanta, GA. It's a lot better than waiting forever to get parts.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
captainoverspray
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

From what I see most PID's have 12VDC output that control the SSR. The Auber input control voltage on the SSR you linked to is 3-32VDC my SSR is 70-280VAC.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
zeus53219
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

That's what I use. If your pid has a relay out option operate the ssr's with 120v.

20120417_203019.jpg  

Quick Reply