Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Wiring review assistance please

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
masloki
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Wiring review assistance please

I am putting together a version of Kal's and eBrew Supply's 30A, 2 pump, 3 PID system. I wanted to get a little finer control to protect the PIDs so used fuses across it instead of breakers. I don't know if I should bother fusing the SSRs and Contactors, nor which size, but I figured a 5A slow blow would give a measure of protection. If someone wouldn't mind, just double check that I have the right wires to the right poles, and no other silliness in there. Thank you!

system-wiring.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #2
jCOSbrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 8

IMO you have protection for the elements with the upstream ckt breaker and you need a single 1-2amp fuse for pid power and control signals. If you have pumps you could fuse those also.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply