Originally Posted by evan5159
My electrician friend is the one who questioned it. But thank you
In simple terms you have to provide:
1) Power to the PID - either 120Vac or 240Vac
2) Power to the element - 240Vac: One leg runs through the SSR and it is recommended that both legs run through some sort of mechnical isolation (Double pole switch or contactor).
3) A low voltage 5Vdc control wire between the PID SSR output and the SSR input - make sure you get the polarity correct.
You will need to check that:
1) You have the correct type of output for you PID = 5Vdc pulse/PWM/digital
2) All switches/relays are rated for the voltage and current you are putting through them.
Hope that helps your sparky freind.