Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Will steamer pots fit a heating element?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
looneybomber
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Will steamer pots fit a heating element?

As you all know, the hot water heating element must be installed in the pot, but will the steamer indentation interfere with installation, or are they usually high enough up to not be a problem?

32qt stock pot in question.
http://www.amazon.com/Imusa-Steamer-...4718380&sr=1-3

Bottled: <1.060: AHS Aniv Wit, lemon wheat, Blonde rye.
<1.090: How Rye I Am, Rye wheat ale, spiced tripel, tripel w/orange, baltic porter, skeeter pee lime and lemon w/cranberry, Milk stout.
<1.110: Reverend clone, IIPA. Chocolate RIS, Bourbon Barrel Quad, chocolate RIS w/oak & whiskey
>1.110 OG: Double W (inspired) stout, Choco milk Czar, Mephistopheles (inspired) stout..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
jdowling
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I have this guy: Amazon

I have an element installed in it. The locknut on the inside butts up against the indentation so it can't spin (makes screwing the element in easier since I don't need to hold both the nut and the element).

I drilled the hole smack in the vertical middle of the lower flat area. I could have moved it down a touch possibly. I figured the middle was the best bet because the bottom curvature and the above indentation.

What I'm not sure of is that if the indentation is lower in smaller pots (or different brands).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply