Weldless Triclover Element?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no issues moving the wavy element through the 1.5"... So that reason is a non starter. But...if you went 2" rims and element, you have sanke compatible hardware as well...so there's that.

KP which wavy element do you have? Seems like another has had issues getting a wavy element in this, and if I go this route, would like to get the right one that fits. thanks.

i posted this up and thought it was funny no one was interested in an ACTUAL WELDLESS system?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/2-triclamp-weldless-bulkheads-blichmann-511186/

1BF5C584-55DB-4BC1-9EBE-13CEB0EAC660_zpshvjwvwnv.jpg

Think it's cool but the weld one is $20 (+ $14 for solder and wire if needed but you end up with a ton left over for other projects) and should never leak compared. I would love to do all welded fittings on my pots instead of the bulkheads personally but don't have the cash to do so.

theck, i guess it depends on the application and the worth to value.

i chose these as i wanted a weldless set up(which this is currently the only one available off shelf). i also wanted a clean install. i had the tools to accomplish the task and had minimal risk of creating a poor product. To a lot of people that invest in an electric set up that is worth the extra $20.

i personally would pay the $20 to avoid the anxiety of soldering a fitting on a $500 kettle, even if the solder would have come out good. im a perfectionist and failure wasnt an option with these kettles.

theck, i guess it depends on the application and the worth to value.

i chose these as i wanted a weldless set up(which this is currently the only one available off shelf). i also wanted a clean install. i had the tools to accomplish the task and had minimal risk of creating a poor product. To a lot of people that invest in an electric set up that is worth the extra $20.

i personally would pay the $20 to avoid the anxiety of soldering a fitting on a $500 kettle, even if the solder would have come out good. im a perfectionist and failure wasn't an option with these kettles.

Eh. Unlike welding, if you mess it up, you just heat it up again.

The soldering IMO was the easy part. I am still missing with my weldless trying to get them right. If only there was a 1/2 npt spud that I could weld on that would work with a pickup I'd buy it. I am not so hip on the dimple method but might try it some time.

the 20" diameter of the kettle along with the 3/32 or 1/8 silicone gasket made for a great seal (no leaks in 7 hours) im also only using the gasket on the outside. if i wanted it came with a gasket for the inside as well.

Just got two of these installed. Great product. Also, the instructional video on your (bobby's) site was super helpful. Thanks for the great products.

I'm really interested in picking up two of these but I'd like to see a picture of the inside of the flange inside the kettle. You mind posting one, Bobby? Also, is the inner face of the flange wide enough that if you cut the hole a bit wider than the ID of the flange, you could solder to it as well?

Back