Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Updated brewstand!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4469 Times on 3252 Posts
Likes Given: 869

Default Updated brewstand!

lschiavo came over today and performed surgery on my brewstand, but I forgot to take pictures of the "before and after".

Some of the things he updated back in March are the control panel, and the HLT.

Today, we added a second pump, and cut the stand to have a smaller footprint. We lowered the HLT and MLT level, so that now I have a single tier brewstand. We added some more wheels, for ease of movement and sturdiness. The smaller footprint means that I can open the brewery room door without lifting/dragging the stand out of the way to open and close the door on brewday.

Some of the issues with the two-tier were minor, like I couldn't see in the HLT and didn't know when I was running out of water as the sight gauge only went down to 2.5 gallons. I had to stand up on a step stool to stir the mash or to check the temperature and to check the flow for the HERMS. It wasn't a big deal, but rather minor annoyances. So today, he performed surgery on it, and I have the new and improved BrewBeast. I think it's version 3.0 or something by now!

Last week:
dscf5825.jpg

And today:
dscf5838.jpg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappers_ View Post
Very nice!
Thanks! I"m so excited! It seems like I now have everything just right for me. Of course, I did mention to lschiavo when he was here that I could use a keg now for an MLT, and only need a false bottom for it..................

Seriously, I think it has to undergo some changes as you use it. I love, love, love the all-electric idea and am thrilled with the basics. But first I added the CFC, and then the new HLT and control panel, etc. As I used it, I found that changing up a few minor things would make a huge difference in the convenience of the whole system.

I don't think I could have designed a system from scratch that I would like any better.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:34 AM   #4
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 937 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 2007

I like the all-electric idea, too. Makes all kind of sense. And now it fits your room, and your height - congrats!

Old 08-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #5
lschiavo
Drinks Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 778 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Thanks! I"m so excited! It seems like I now have everything just right for me. Of course, I did mention to lschiavo when he was here that I could use a keg now for an MLT, and only need a false bottom for it..................

Seriously, I think it has to undergo some changes as you use it. I love, love, love the all-electric idea and am thrilled with the basics. But first I added the CFC, and then the new HLT and control panel, etc. As I used it, I found that changing up a few minor things would make a huge difference in the convenience of the whole system.

I don't think I could have designed a system from scratch that I would like any better.
Hey, what about the engine and steering? That has to be on the list for future upgrades!

I enjoyed the project. Working on a brew rig is a great way to spend a day. Actually brewing may be a little better though. When you gonna try out the new pump?

Old 08-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Hey, what about the engine and steering? That has to be on the list for future upgrades!

I enjoyed the project. Working on a brew rig is a great way to spend a day. Actually brewing may be a little better though. When you gonna try out the new pump?
Oh, I forgot to mention to Bob that I was putting a lawnmower engine and a steering wheel in the next version. He did come in and say, "Wow- this really is an improvement" or something like that when I showed him the perfect height for all the vessels.

I'm going to do a wet run with water tomorrow, just to make sure I put the fittings on tight enough and don't have any major (or even minor, I guess) leaks!

I think I'm going to brew Wednesday afternoon. There is a carpet cleaning guy coming then, and my order from Brewmaster's Warehouse should be here besides by Tuesday, so I can do a quick yeast starter. If you're not doing anything, come over!

Old 08-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
cfrazier77
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Yooper, this looks very nice and I hope that it works out better for you. What will be your first brew on it?

Happy Dog Brewing

Old 08-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrazier77 View Post
Yooper, this looks very nice and I hope that it works out better for you. What will be your first brew on it?
I think that earthy/citrusy recipe that I posted a couple of days ago. My Brewmaster's Warehouse order should be here Tuesday, so I can brew Wednesday afternoon.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #9
wimpy
Recipes 

Nice rack!!! er, umm, I mean, nice brewstand Yooper!!

Wimpy

Quick Reply