First full brew last night!! Unfortunately no super special recipe for k mcarthur, this was a leftovers brew. Some marris otter, crystal 120, special b, and 2row to make it up to about 4%. (I had at least measured all the leftovers into a zip lock baggy, so I can write down the numbers. ) Hops were mount hood and sterling at 60,15,0 for about 35ibu. Had half a pack of 05 left from previous 1gal brew. So I am mostly just looking for beer. I couldn't find any category to shoehorn it into.
BUT......IT WORKED GREAT!!!
I even managed a full boil! Had no real expectations of that, but since was a full test I just went manual and 100 to see what would happen, fully expecting to have to slide onto stove. Held the boil at 90 so it's right there on it's power spectrum.
Lesson learned! The little black pumps are much more powerful than the little brown pumps. I sprayed the wall in the kitchen twice trying to mess around with recirculating options. Ooops.
Got some notes from this brew on what will change going into my full sized build. I want the pump to quick connect straight to pot, but need to figure out clearance. I want the output of pump, input to kettle to have the spigot on the hose and a way to close that inlet during a boil. This time I had to leave all the hoses connected to not have a leak....oops, bad planning.
Also DEF need a way to turn off the alarm. I know I know, everyone here has off switch on their alarms. I just didn't get around to it. Turns out the little red alarms from Auberin will make the cats start yowling. Yeah...alarms, cats, beer wanting to boil over...try that for a personal stress test!