The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > tri clover sight glass on HERMS build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
beluedog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

We use one to monitor inline O2 delivery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qLO...ature=youtu.be

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
cfrazier77
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsquared View Post
I have mine attached to the recirculation pump output for the mash, It's not necessary but I like it to see the mash recirculation, and it's fun to watch it go from turbid to clear-ish.
I agree about it not being necessary but we brew because we enjoy the process right? During the mash I like to just sit and watch it as it changes. For cleaning I run the hot liquor through it to flush it, and it bumps the temp up to 170. After that I pull the RIMs tube off the stand, take both caps off, and clean it with soap and a wine bottle brush. This does a good job for me. I agree with Kal about not wanting to do something that makes more things to clean.

Happy Dog Brewing

Old 12-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
bluedog_Brewing
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

cfrazier77,

Is that the brewer's hardware tri-clamp element adapter? I am thinking about using one on a new kettle from brewer's hardware but am nut sure how low I can mount it in the kettle and still have the kettle sit flat.

Would you mind measuring the diameter of the largest part of it? Also, is that a 1.5" or 2" version?

Thanks,

Old 12-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #14
cfrazier77
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog_Brewing View Post
cfrazier77,

Is that the brewer's hardware tri-clamp element adapter? I am thinking about using one on a new kettle from brewer's hardware but am nut sure how low I can mount it in the kettle and still have the kettle sit flat.

Would you mind measuring the diameter of the largest part of it? Also, is that a 1.5" or 2" version?

Thanks,
It is the 2" model and is 3.25"ish. I am happy with it and think that it was worth the money.

Happy Dog Brewing

Quick Reply