Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Three vessel e-keggle bottom drain herms pics

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #31
Jem
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdevauld
What do you do for separating hops and hot break from the wert? I see you have a setup to allow for whirlpooling but is that not opposite if what you want with a center drain?
WDevauld, you are right it's not a whirlpool in the traditional sense. Initially I was using an immersion chiller and wanted the whirlpool action for that. I switched to a plate chiller thinking I would add another port to draw off above the break material but haven't gotten around to it and with the plate chiller I tried to keep as much hop material as possible out with a hop spider, in addition i leave a about a gallon in the boil keggle and 1.5 gallons in the fermentor. So not a perfect solution but it works well for cleaning. After completing this setup the biab process caught my eye and I ended up building a 10 gallon e biab setup. I find myself brewing on the ebiab system more lately, my brew time hasn't been cut back with a new baby.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 01:07 AM   #32
Jem
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Ok for anyone still following this thread, I mounted my pump head horizontally and it works much better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply