Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > THs (somewhat unconventional) E-brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #11
HarkinBanks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TH- View Post
This actually took some thought (ok trial-and-error is more like it). I welded 3 pieces of 1" angle iron together - sort of in the shape of an "H". Screwed that to the floor joists, then slid the fan with ducting piece already connected to it through the "H" then screwed through 3 holes in the "H" into the fan/duct making sure the screws went into the lip of the fan not just the duct. Does that make sense?
Yup, it looked something like an H when I zoomed it. I have my hood strung with chain and wood screws and I just know it will fall down some day. I need to find a better way to mount it all without drilling too many holes in my joists trying different configurations. I like your idea, thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #12
-TH-
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBow View Post
Great job, love the exhaust hood fixture recycle idea.
I almost bought that same fan off of Amazon but ended up with the green Hydrofarm/ActiveAir instead (only because the Tjnerlund and the seller didn't have many reviews posted).
I'm sure that one is very comparable. I probably exaggerated a bit with the sucking paint off walls comment

Builds, etc: E-Brewery | Pneumatic Bottle Capper | Fermentation Chamber | Stirplate | Bottle Cabinet
Water Spreadsheet: www.EZWaterCalculator.com

Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Damn nice setup you got going over there on the west side of the state! The exhaust hood is genius and the entire space turned out great. Really, really nice man!

Somewhat , but I'm heading over to the west side of the state sometime in Feb. with a couple of buddies for a brewery tour. We are going to spend a day in BC/K-Zoo and another day in GR. Besides the obvious one's, any suggestions on must stop at places over in your neck of the woods. I know there is a high concertration of top notch breweries, both big and small on the west side, so I'm just looking for a little feedback. Thanks man!

Old 01-25-2013, 02:33 AM   #14
-TH-
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppopotomus View Post
Damn nice setup you got going over there on the west side of the state! The exhaust hood is genius and the entire space turned out great. Really, really nice man!

Somewhat , but I'm heading over to the west side of the state sometime in Feb. with a couple of buddies for a brewery tour. We are going to spend a day in BC/K-Zoo and another day in GR. Besides the obvious one's, any suggestions on must stop at places over in your neck of the woods. I know there is a high concertration of top notch breweries, both big and small on the west side, so I'm just looking for a little feedback. Thanks man!
Thanks man. Your bar is legendary.

As far as the tour goes, Founders is probably obvious but it is a must. They just started giving tours for the first time ever a week or two ago, but only on Saturday and limit 12 per tour. I guess you can reserve online but I haven't looked into it yet myself. New Holland in Holland is cool too. A couple others that I hear good things about but have not been to are Brewery Vivant and Perron Brewery. Also GR brewing Co just opened but I haven't heard anything about them. Hope that helps!

Builds, etc: E-Brewery | Pneumatic Bottle Capper | Fermentation Chamber | Stirplate | Bottle Cabinet

Old 01-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
aubiecat
Blake Owen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 39

There are a couple of those aluminum light hoods laying around at my work. I have been eying them for a long time because I knew they could be something useful. Now I know.

Blake
Electric BIAB Build | BIAB Mesh False Bottom | Controller/Fermentation Chest

Old 01-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #16
jCOSbrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Nice graphics on the panel.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #17
Junkster
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Very nice use of your space.... Well done!!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #18
Mun
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I designed the panel label in Photoshop then printed it and covered it with a clear matte Lexan label material.
Hello everybody, i'm french and new here. I really love you panel label, and would like to do something close. But I don't completely understand how you did it, and if I could do the same at home without specific material, except a lazer printer. So, you printed the label on a standard paper sheet (or self sticking ?), and then pasted a Lexan sheet on it ? Could someone explain this a little bit more in detail ? Do you have a link to the Lexan product in question ? Congratulations again, and thanks in advance.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
-TH-
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mun View Post
Hello everybody, i'm french and new here. I really love you panel label, and would like to do something close. But I don't completely understand how you did it, and if I could do the same at home without specific material, except a lazer printer. So, you printed the label on a standard paper sheet (or self sticking ?), and then pasted a Lexan sheet on it ? Could someone explain this a little bit more in detail ? Do you have a link to the Lexan product in question ? Congratulations again, and thanks in advance.
I printed mine on regular paper then put strips of transfer adhesive (3M VHB) on the back and the clear Lexan on top. I don't have a link but it is .010" thick and called "velvet Lexan" or "velvet polycarbonate" or "matte polycarbonate". It is clear and comes with a 3M adhesive on the smooth side. You should be able to google those terms and come up with something. I got a bunch years ago from a company that makes nameplates and labels (US Nameplate).

If that ends up to be too expensive or difficult to find you could also probably use a vinyl adhesive sheet made for laser and inkjets maybe.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #20
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Thanks man. Your bar is legendary.

As far as the tour goes, Founders is probably obvious but it is a must. They just started giving tours for the first time ever a week or two ago, but only on Saturday and limit 12 per tour. I guess you can reserve online but I haven't looked into it yet myself. New Holland in Holland is cool too. A couple others that I hear good things about but have not been to are Brewery Vivant and Perron Brewery. Also GR brewing Co just opened but I haven't heard anything about them. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the feedback! We will probably go to Founders the first night we arrive (on a Thursday) and then on Friday hit the other few that you mentioned (maybe Schmohz as well) and end the night at the Hop Cat, which from what I hear is amazing. On Saturday we were going to swing over to Holland and then down to KZoo for the obvious. We were really considering taking an additional day and going waaaaay out of our way over to Munson, IN to 3 Floyds, but that may be pushing it. Our livers are already going to be on crutches come Sunday, so scratch that extra day. I do however, want to hit Dark Horse in Marshall on our way back across the state. Thanks again! Sorry for jumping

Hoppo's Rustic Basement Bar Build:

Hoppo's Knotty Pine/Cedar Log Keezer Build:

Hoppo's Rustic Dual Fermentation Chamber Builds:

Hoppo's Motorized Grain Mill:

Hoppo's Rustic E-Brewery Build:

Quick Reply