Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Suggestions for controller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #111
jsguitar
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckett View Post
I am going to try my hardest to produce pictures tomorrow, I just built a control panel after your setup here. Almost identical in the front (don't have vinyl letters yet) and finally powering my kettles after a short test/cleaning run tonight. I built a 2 tier stand so just running 1 pump. It was dark before I was able to start cleanup tonight, but unless something stops me I will post some pictures of yet another electric brewery that was inspired by this board (and real close to your setup).
Nice! I look forward to it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #112
Feckett
Recipes 

Well that took long enough. Here are a few pictures from the first test run of my setup. Still need letters for the control panel, and a mount for my timer, but it works.

I did 5500w elements, the control panel is pretty close to your's except that I ran conduit under the shelf where I mounted each of the outlets, so I ended up with a bit more room inside the control box (which helped keep my sanity).

Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #113
Thundercougarfalconbird
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 26

You have the almost the exact set up I just created a thread about. Your box looks truly impressive. I want the EXACT same thing in my set up. If you ever get the time I'd LOVE to see a step by step of how you wired everything(I mean everything, I need all the help I can get =P), all the components you used/recommend(I say that because of your odd project box and heatsink), and a complete shopping list. I'm going to start stock piling the components for this build. so uh....yea...feel free to help a brewing brotha live the dream of getting rid of heatsticks.
Edit: Hell I'm so excited to find this thread, would you ever want to build a second? =P

The best beer I ever made was the next one I brew.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #114
P-J
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 259 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 454

Great job on the controller. I'm sure your brew days will be a pleasure. The controller will help a lot to keep your process in line with your objectives.

P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckett View Post
Well that took long enough. Here are a few pictures from the first test run of my setup. Still need letters for the control panel, and a mount for my timer, but it works.
I did 5500w elements, the control panel is pretty close to your's except that I ran conduit under the shelf where I mounted each of the outlets, so I ended up with a bit more room inside the control box (which helped keep my sanity).

Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #115
jsguitar
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Looks great Feckett! You'll really enjoy using it. Ive done three brews on mine now and it's working very well. When I get some time, I'll post a few more pics of my updated setup. I've added some anodes to my pots after getting rust on my elements, got a SS table and changed some other hardware.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #116
Feckett
Recipes 

I appriciate the Big Lebowski quote, and would deffinetly like to see some updated pictures of your setup. Intersetd in what you did for adding anodes to the pots, saw that mentioned once before but doesn't seem to come up all that often.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #117
AdamCanFly
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My collection is coming along nicely. I went with the 12x12x6 junction box from HD. I'm also thinking about trying out a DIN rail. The hard part is going to be getting 50 amp service to my garage.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:46 AM   #118
jsguitar
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sounds good Adam. For me, I already had the old dryer outlet in the same room so it was a no brainer. For you, since you have to run a new service anyway, it sounds like it would be worth taking the time and expense to get the fifty amps where you need it for future upgrades or other projects.

Din rails are really sweet. I like how clean the projects that use them look. With a box like yours, that sounds like a good plan.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #119
zacc
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Electric brewery progress

I've been slowly getting my build done. I took this friday off and have a 4 day weekend now. I plan on spening most of the time working on the brewery and hope to finish it up and have it ready for its first batch the following weekend.

The control panel is pretty close to being done. After that i still have a lot of little things to wrap up. I need to;build the vent hood, build electric control for vent, run vent duct, finish the spa box, install the elements in kettles, stain the bench, and all the other little details.

Here's a picture of my control box as of last night. After this weekend I should have a lot more pictures to post.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #120
Thundercougarfalconbird
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacc View Post
I've been slowly getting my build done. I took this friday off and have a 4 day weekend now. I plan on spening most of the time working on the brewery and hope to finish it up and have it ready for its first batch the following weekend.

The control panel is pretty close to being done. After that i still have a lot of little things to wrap up. I need to;build the vent hood, build electric control for vent, run vent duct, finish the spa box, install the elements in kettles, stain the bench, and all the other little details.

Here's a picture of my control box as of last night. After this weekend I should have a lot more pictures to post.
Is this build using the same 30A single PID build P-J posted earlier in the thread(looks like it, where are the fuses)?

The best beer I ever made was the next one I brew.

Quick Reply