To get to the main points of the thread;
1) The wiring diagram I used is here and I have since swapped the original element selector switch with a NKK S833 for its high capacity rating. Check here and here for details.
2) The official panel build starts here and continues here, here , and here
3) A couple of odds and ends are here
4) brewery as set up last year is here
5) controller with labels is here
6) some info on hole sizes here
7) current small reworking of system and other brewery updates here
8) I'm currently updating my elements and a couple of other things which I will post soon!
Below is my first request for help....
I usually brew 10.75 gallons. I have two keggles for a HLT and BK and a 70 qt cooler for MT. I have a 30 amp dryer outlet (three prong) that will be wired to a 50 amp GFCI (thanks P-J!) with a 4 wire outlet.
I'm looking to use a 5500 W element in the HLT and BK to be used one at a time along with a single pump. I batch sparge in two batches and don't anticipate doing a herms or rims.
I'd like to be able to control the HLT with a pid to reach a set temperature, boil using a pid to adjust the percentage of power, and turn my pump on and off from the same panel. I don't want a bunch of extraneous features. An emergency shutoff is a plus and a failsafe for the ssr's in case they fail at some point seems wise.
I have a Sampson Servo 550 poweramp that I was hoping to use in some way. http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...D=81&brandID=2
It has a big heatsink and I was thinking I might be able to use the case and some other components from it.
Any links or plans to point me to? I've been reading and reading but there's a lot of variations on these things.