Show us your panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
control_panel01_zpsbf2141ae.jpg

inside01_zps966b4e44.jpg

inside04_zps20905da0.jpg

control_panel02_zps5b9628c8.jpg

control_panel03_zps18210fd5.jpg

Here is what im working on. It´s an old electric box bought from my work. Drilled the holes, sanded and painted. Tonight ive putted all the components just to have a glimpse of what it will look like. For now im pretty pleased. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443584028.259669.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443584092.176947.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443584205.733355.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443584222.274569.jpg
It works only on 240v . I use auber PIDs and one DSPR-1 for boil. All three are protected with 50ma fuses. The meter on the top right is showing volts amps watts and watts per hour!! With a nice blue backlight. So i will know how much electricity one beer batch costed me!!!! Just kidding. Cant wait to fire up the crap out of this panel and start this e herm brewing. Cheers.

Funky! How was the painting done? (The purple swirls)

Kal

Its just several layers of transparent white airbrush flames, with a layer of candy magenta in between to give depth.

I found how to do it here:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lryNZRFdmhE[/ame]

This is my first go at it. When I add the second element and pump (when the finances allow), I plan to black it out and try it again. Right now though, I gotta get this thing up and functional.

Decided to go a different route this time 'round...

Mh5mzCX.jpg

ehvFNMf.jpg

Not quite done with it. But everything is mounted to that faceplate, inside a Pelican case. Going to (hopefully) be a breeze wiring everything and not having to do door runs etc. Plus self contained. Pop that lid shut and it's watertight and indestructible.

This would be great for my garage. On brew day it looks like a small nuclear bomb went off and this panel really fit the part! Love it!

@rabeb25 wow! I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but that needs some explaining. I'm guessing the switches are valves and you have the touch screen drive temp control?

@rabeb25 wow! I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but that needs some explaining. I'm guessing the switches are valves and you have the touch screen drive temp control?
Its part of this:
10419001_478490818960190_3731993350435869420_n.jpg

But nut shell, switches are pumps, valves and elements. 3 way switches Auto/off/on- automated with a brewtroller. 14" toucscreen is a PC, and it runs the rest.

Cheers.

Decided to go a different route this time 'round...

Mh5mzCX.jpg

ehvFNMf.jpg

Not quite done with it. But everything is mounted to that faceplate, inside a Pelican case. Going to (hopefully) be a breeze wiring everything and not having to do door runs etc. Plus self contained. Pop that lid shut and it's watertight and indestructible.

What case and faceplate is that?

Got some wiring done. Not as neat as some of you freaks, but I'm just a shade tree electrician.
What do you think of my cheap power disconnect? Around $15 for the plug and matching receptacle for the power cord. Better that the $80 some bucks for a 50 amp receptacle from Granger.

IMG_7911 (800x533).jpg

IMG_7912 (533x800).jpg

IMG_7913 (533x800).jpg

Got some wiring done. Not as neat as some of you freaks, but I'm just a shade tree electrician.
What do you think of my cheap power disconnect? Around $15 for the plug and matching receptacle for the power cord. Better that the $80 some bucks for a 50 amp receptacle from Granger.

what holds it in the panel when you push the extension cord onto it?
I used the same type of plug only mounted to a cord that is permanently mounted to the panel... and then used switchcraft connectors for my element power plugs which saved a bundle.

Safety/usability issues aside, the spades are completely exposed and will be prone to damage from things knocking/bumping into them. Especially true as you're building. Put that panel down at the wrong angle and (assuming the receptacle's firmly attached to the chassis) you're going to bend the spades or shear them off.

That's why receptacles always have the spades recessed like this:

NEMA-L14-30-250VAC-30A-twist-lock-electrical-male-receptacle.jpg

Kal

Just finished mine up this past weekend. Since I do not have access to 220, it is dual 110v (Seperate Circuits) BCS panel. My setup is Brutus 20, no sparge.

..and here is one of the first wet test.

Looks like it's done at this point, so might as well live with it.

-BD

I'm betting he could punch it out and put in a recessed receptacle. ...looks like he has the room? Plus if it was a twist lock you get the piece of mind of keeping the cable secured

what holds it in the panel when you push the extension cord onto it?
I used the same type of plug only mounted to a cord that is permanently mounted to the panel... and then used switchcraft connectors for my element power plugs which saved a bundle.

At the moment, it is just shoved into the cutout. The profile of the plug case is such that the plug gets tighter the further it goes into the hole. I do plan to have a bracket that secures it in place from the inside.

Back