Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Is this the right kind of GFCI?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #11
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

They wont cancel each other out. I dont remember seeing anything in the NEC that says you cant either. From the people Ive talked to they seem to me prone to nuisance trips, but their problem may have been a poor connection on the gfci, they are prone to that.

Think about it this way. All bathrooms have gfci outlets, alot of hair dryers and curling irons have them built into the cable. SWMBO never complains about one tripping the other.

On the other hand, it costs twice as much.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #12
wh4tig0t
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRage View Post
They wont cancel each other out. I dont remember seeing anything in the NEC that says you cant either. From the people Ive talked to they seem to me prone to nuisance trips, but their problem may have been a poor connection on the gfci, they are prone to that.

Think about it this way. All bathrooms have gfci outlets, alot of hair dryers and curling irons have them built into the cable. SWMBO never complains about one tripping the other.

On the other hand, it costs twice as much.
So odds are if i just install a GFCI breaker and a regular outlet, I'm good to go, with maybe an occasional nuisance trip, for a brew system I'll be monitoring, or an RV with a Backup battery? (good point about the hair dryers, i have seen those before, but it never occurred to me that thats what im talking about)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply