New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Review my Control Panel Schematic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
sdugre
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Review my Control Panel Schematic

I just finished my control panel schematic and was hoping to get some constructive criticism before I start wiring it up. Here is a link to the schematic: schematic

This is for a two tier, single pump system with electric HLT and separate electric heat exchanger, which will just be a 2 gallon cooler with a copper coil in it. I'm going to continue to use my existing propane fired BK for the time being, but I sized the feeder to accommodate an additional 5500W element should I ever choose to convert to electric.

One of my major design goals was to have the ability to set a timer to start the HLT while I'm sleeping so I can dough in as soon as I wake up. I also wanted an audible alarm to alert me of trouble with the system if I happen to be out of the room (or not paying attention), and also to remind me to do stuff like add hops.

So, take a look and let me know if you see any issues. One thing I'm particularly interested in is how people are pumping to the BK after the sparge (I'll be fly sparging). I have it shown with a grant and some float switches to control the pump, but maybe there is a better way.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply