Quick disconnect temperature sensor for BCS460

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an added plug... Derrin at Brewershardware can make custom embedded sensors with the M8 disconnects. I just had a set of them made for inline tri-clamp themrwells and they turned out incredible.

He does great work.

I purchased four temp sensors from Embedded Control and have attached a phone line plug to the bare wire ends. This plug will plug into the phone jack that I installed on my control panel, which houses my BCS.
Plug
Jack
Jack Plate

My control panel isn't up and running yet, but I think this will work.

I purchased four temp sensors from Embedded Control and have attached a phone line plug to the bare wire ends. This plug will plug into the phone jack that I installed on my control panel, which houses my BCS.

My control panel isn't up and running yet, but I think this will work.

Thats kind of how I did mine and it works out great. I put phone plugs on the end and plug them into the phone jack, and then ran one cat 5 to the BCS.

p1010067wh.jpg

I just got in my M8 panel mounts and have a question, how am I suppose to attach the wires from my BCS460 to the prongs on the inside of the M8 mounts. Is there some kind of plug I need to put on the wires that would slip onto the prongs or do I crimp the prongs over the wires.
Thanks guys

Nevermind, I answered my own question, looks like they get soldered on

Quick question, looking to use the XLR 3 prongs for my temp probes (like the click in and ease) but Im using a thermistor temp probe so it only has two wires, can i still use them and just wire two of the prongs

Adeering said:
Quick question, looking to use the XLR 3 prongs for my temp probes (like the click in and ease) but Im using a thermistor temp probe so it only has two wires, can i still use them and just wire two of the prongs

Yeah that would work just fine.

Back