Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Problems with my Volt Meter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
petey_c
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxkling View Post
^^ Yea those are multimeters, not panel meters.
Max, Yeah, that's what happens sometimes. I read volt meter and automatically think of multimeters. The closest I get to electric brewing is my stove...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #12
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I think a big clue is that the back of the meter shows where to connect the DC power source with with a + and -, and then it has a place for your load, also with a + and -.

+ and - are pretty much only used for DC things, since there is no such concept with AC voltage.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
acefaser
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yes the back showing the + and - should have given it away, but then again it is all in Chinese and cant be read anyway. The auction listing was this:
Digital Blue LED AC 0 ~ 700V Voltage Panel Meters
I would think it was for AC.
I have contacted the seller and it even was a USA seller based in NY that I got it from. They have agreed to give my money back for the meter and still had no idea that the meter was for DC after I had explained it to them.
So if you need a meter don't buy one from bestelectronic-store

Old 01-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #14
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just finished my kal clone and have run into the same problem. I bought the EXACT same volt meter most likely from the same eBay vendor (yallstore). I went back and checked my eBay account which definitely states that I purchased a 0-700volt AC meter so it was not a mistake on my end. As of now it lights up but gives gibberish readings of -12 to 12 volts and fluctuates. At this point I really don't plan on purchasing another meter as I just want the build to be done. However, I am going to contact the eBay seller and ask that they send me the correct meter even though I purchased it 11 months ago. I had to put the build on hold about 8 months due to an extensive kitchen remodel so there was no way to know the meter was incorrect unless I finished the control panel or could read Chinese.

What ended up happening with your meter acefaser?

Edit: I just saw your last post and I guess they are different vendors but the meters themselves have the exact same label on the back. I think they are simply vendors that have no idea what they are selling.

Quick Reply