Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Possible hire out of Control Panel Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2814 Times on 2759 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Default Possible hire out of Control Panel Build

I'm working on an electric brew rig. I have electronics knowledge, but really suck at planning things out. Plus I have a new born coming and really, with all the projects I have going and planned, I'd love to just tell someone what I want, what I have and pay them to draw up a parts list with schematic. It's a simple system. I will do all the assembly and wiring. I just need to know what all components to buy for the control box.

Supply will be a single 50A breaker. Non GFCI at the box.
1 pump
2 5500W elements (or a 5500W for BK and a 4500W for EHLT)
A stir motor for the HLT.

That's really it. If interested let me know. I already own a control box, 1x PID and SSr with heat sink and thermocouple.

Want to be able to run both elements at the same time, Turn pump on and off and turn stir motor on/off. Also cut power to complete system. I want to feed the box with a single cord then branch out to the elements, pump and motor.

If anyone is interested in this that has done one before and has pics/writeup for testimonial, let me know what you think you'd charge.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Liked 2814 Times on 2759 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
I think if I let you build me a control panel the charge would be 110 to 120, 60 times a second.
Somewhat similar to if I hired you to read I suppose. I'm not selling my services, I'm trying to hire.

And it's a 220-240 system not 120

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 11-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.

Recipes 

Liked 4956 Times on 4522 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Damn. Quoted before the kill.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #4
short_mark
Recipes 

Please note time and I will fairly state I have had a few imperial pints....

Thursday, SWMBO walked into my project spot, looked at the tangle of wire and kit I am building and said, "you really love doing this stuff." All true.

So I will gladly offer my experience, pics of my current panel (almost complete) and I do not care about remuneration. Start your newborn a college fund, buy your SWMBO a treat after the baby arrives, or maybe buy me a beer when I travel to your corner of the world.

If you are game, I will provide a suitable CV of my experience and pics of my panel after 11/10 when I expect it to be complete.

In any case, cheers to your new baby and all your brewing adventures!

If I wanted it to be simple, I'd buy the beer

Old 11-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
Ohio-Ed

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I'm working on an electric brew rig. I have electronics knowledge, but really suck at planning things out. Plus I have a new born coming and really, with all the projects I have going and planned, I'd love to just tell someone what I want, what I have and pay them to draw up a parts list with schematic. It's a simple system. I will do all the assembly and wiring. I just need to know what all components to buy for the control box.

Supply will be a single 50A breaker. Non GFCI at the box.
1 pump
2 5500W elements (or a 5500W for BK and a 4500W for EHLT)
A stir motor for the HLT.

That's really it. If interested let me know. I already own a control box, 1x PID and SSr with heat sink and thermocouple.

Want to be able to run both elements at the same time, Turn pump on and off and turn stir motor on/off. Also cut power to complete system. I want to feed the box with a single cord then branch out to the elements, pump and motor.

If anyone is interested in this that has done one before and has pics/writeup for testimonial, let me know what you think you'd charge.
IP,

I don't consider myself an expert but I'd be happy to participate in a thread on HBT to help work through the details (at no cost obviously).
I think it could be a pretty cool collaborative effort.

Reviews, brainstorming, drunkin advice, if you need it count me in.

Ed

Old 11-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
EFaden
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio-Ed View Post
IP,

I don't consider myself an expert but I'd be happy to participate in a thread on HBT to help work through the details (at no cost obviously).
I think it could be a pretty cool collaborative effort.

Reviews, brainstorming, drunkin advice, if you need it count me in.

Ed
Me 2. Never built a RIMS/HERMS controller personally my undergraduate degree was Computer Science + Robotics + Electrical/Computer Engineering. I would be more than willing to help out. My first suggestion would be to look at some of the other controller builds (e.g. Ohio-Eds, etc) for design ideas.

Quick Reply