Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Planning out my electric BIAB setup

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #11
Maxkling
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixs4r View Post
So a plain Jane rheostat is out of the question? Sorry if I'm just being a dumb noob, I just figured it would be the cheapest, simplest option.
Do you know of a rheostat that will be rated for that high amount of wattage that is under a few hundred dollars?

Some people have looked into using electric range controls, not sure if anyone has been successful. I don't know why you wouldn't just use a pwm circuit, for under like 15$ with the ssr and heat sink and it will "control the heat".

"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

"Gun Control Means Using Both Hands."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #12
phoenixs4r
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxkling View Post
Do you know of a rheostat that will be rated for that high amount of wattage that is under a few hundred dollars?

Some people have looked into using electric range controls, not sure if anyone has been successful. I don't know why you wouldn't just use a pwm circuit, for under like 15$ with the ssr and heat sink and it will "control the heat".
I didn't know the rheostat would be that much, again, noobing it up I am.

I'll look into the PWM circuit. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply