*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > MYPIN Temp Controller Parameters

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
JBiermann
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default MYPIN Temp Controller Parameters

Hi,

So everything has come together on the system (I'll post pics) except for setting up my mypin ta4 temp controller for my RIMs. I've looked at the manual but, honestly, am still at a bit of a loss. It is supposed to autotune but where do I set my parameters and what should they be to maintain a 151f mash? Should I set my output to SSR (going to a heating element) or leave it the way it is? I'm feeling like one has to be an electrical engineer to understand these damn things, any advice?

Cheers,

Josh

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
jasonsbeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Hehe, you just need to learn Chinglish.

I am looking at getting one of the TA4 PIDs because my Auber PID took a dump for no known reason.

Reading the manual, it appears that you are to hold down the "<</AT" button for 3 seconds or more to enter auto-tune mode.

Yes, assuming you are using an SSR to control power to your element, you should set the module to SSR output.

You may want to take a look at other threads involving the Auber PIDs and copy those settings for the PID portion. Otherwise, the factory defaults will probably work fine.

Let me know how it goes.

There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true.

Winston Churchill

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply