It was quite a process and there are a few minor items still to do but everything works as it should.
My initial thought was to put the brewery in the garage but we had an empty room in our finished basement that seemed a better fit. We had an unused 50 AMP GFCI breaker froma hot tub so I ran thirty feet of new 6 wire and installed a 50 AMP outlet to power my brewery.
Essentially followed Kal's instructions which worked perfectly. I found a used keggle on craigslist, did the standard Coleman X Treme mash tun conversion and purchased an update international 25 gallon brew kettle (outstanding deall at $200).
I used all weldless fittings and purchased the Green Lee punches to make my holes. They were expensive but worked perfectly.
All stainless valves and quick connects from Bargain Fittings.
I ordered most of my electrical parts from ebrewsupply with some from ebay, Auber Instruments, Amazon and all my electrical wire, connectors, etc... from Home Depot.
The control panel is composed of two tool boxes I found in the garage which worked but it is super tight. The 30 AMP fuses are much bigger than I thought and the wire takes up a LOT of space. In hindsight I should have bought a bigger box.
Except for the space the only issue I had was with the 50 AMP contactor having a bad coil. We switched out the coil and it worked.
While I was doing this project I figured it was a good time to add water and a drain to the room so that is still in process. We had a furnace replaced so I just added the work to that as I do not have the time to do it, plus it sneaks by the wife a little easier.
Still need to configure my pump, duda diesel plate chiller, and get the system completely dialed in. This has almost become an obsession and certainly expensive but lots of fun. This forum has been invaluable and addictive.
At the moment I have two 5500 watt camco elements but I am going to replace one to 4500 so I can comfortably use both at the same time.
While working on the project I also decided to create a keezer and install a bar sink. Both are still in the works but I ordered all my kegging equipment from Ben at keg connection. This was your typical craigslist freezer which is huge. I made the mistake of buying it at night in a darkened driveway so I never noticed some squirrels called it home. Oh well, it cleaned up well and I put a new coat of spraypaint on it.
Overall this has taken me about a month to get to this point. I just returned from serving overseas so I had already done a lot of the pre planning and equipment ordering which certainly speeded up the process.
Seeing those lights first come on and not receiving an electrical shock was quite a moment.
My SSR and heat sink are almost the exact same size so it was a challenge to cut the hole so that the SSR could make contact with the heat sink but yet the heat sink could stay on top without falling into the panel. I keep fixing it but eventually it just falls down slightly. In hindsight I should have bought the large heat sink, that will be in my next iteration.