The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > My KAL clone project begins

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 02:57 AM   #11
ddknight
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

So I made some progress today and had a couple set backs. The electrician made it today and hooked up all the 240 wire and so I now have power to the control panel.

Bad news is for whatever reason the AMP and VOLT meters didn't come on with the power. Now I have to figure that little snag out. Also need to do some reading on the PID controllers and how to get them all squared away. They seemed to flash on the same thing today when I hooked things up so not exactly sure how to set it up but everything at least came on fine. Pumps work and later this week we'll fire up the burners for a formal test.

Also got my pumps set up and mounted and the CFC all set to go. Kettles are done and only waiting on one more 1/2" SS nipple to connect to the last kettle ball valve.

Some additional pics from today:

photo-9-.jpg   photo-10-.jpg   photo-12-.jpg   photo-13-.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #12
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

How big is the HERMS coil? I have a SS coil sitting at home that needs coiled to a smaller diameter. I am not looking forward to that project. I guess that is the advantage of copper.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:12 PM   #13
ddknight
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I used 25' of copper for my HERMS. It was very easy to manipulate and I soldered on the elbows to fit perfectly into the compression fittings. No leaks on testing and was a ton easier to use than I thought the SS would be.

Quick Reply