Again, I had some time to kill waiting for parts and $$$. So i decided to test out the heating element i had, 1440W with the normal electrical outlet located 5 feet away. I plumbed it the same way 95% of the guys on this website have done, i initially tried Kal's method and was really looking forwards to the way it looked, but i couldnt get a good enough seal, so i gave up and went the other simpler route.
Once the JB weld was dry i connected the element to the kettle, filled the kettle with about 5 gal of water and let it rip. It took about 70 min to raise the water from cold tap temperature to 70 deg Celcius (too long for me, so i swapped it out for a 4500W element instead. I havent tried it yet as i have to still complete my electrical panel (hopefully this weekend)