The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > It might be staring me in the face, but ....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
jackscars
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default It might be staring me in the face, but ....

Is there a sticky or some other reference that clarifies all or most of the abbreviations that I find here. I am a novice and need to know some of these shorthand meanings in order to understand the posts.

If you guys want a list of shorthands concerning car repair or specifically old British car stuff let me know, but for now I am wandering in the wilderness here.

Thanks, Jack

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 738 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 1237

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackscars View Post
Is there a sticky or some other reference that clarifies all or most of the abbreviations that I find here. I am a novice and need to know some of these shorthand meanings in order to understand the posts.

If you guys want a list of shorthands concerning car repair or specifically old British car stuff let me know, but for now I am wandering in the wilderness here.

Thanks, Jack
Try here: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/ind...:Abbreviations

Ask specifically about SWMBO in this thread. It leads to endless fun.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
brewmastercontrols
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

What exactly are you not getting, possibly i can help?

Dustin

Check out our National Home Brew Day Give Away we are giving away a pICO HERMS or RIMS electric brewing control system, a value over $2250!

Looking for an electric brewery HERMS, RIMS, and Fermentation control? www.brewmastercontrols.com provides a pre assembled and tested ready to brew control solution out of the box.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/signatur...pic28592_2.gif

Old 11-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
tektonjp
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Rather shameless advertising if you ask me! Give it a rest.

"Beer, well respected and rightly consumed, can be a gift of God. It is one of his mysteries, which it was his delight to conceal and the glory of kings to search out."

The Search for God and Guinness by Stephen Mansfield

Old 11-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
jackscars
Recipes 

Sorry to have offended you Captain Tek. :-) No "shameless advertising" was intended. I have more on my car plate through next summer than I really need, so soliciting more would be foolish.

It is understandable, but still unfortunate, that conversations on boards cannot convey humour. I ran into this early on in my participation on another board where I hang and caught some flack, but now, with just under 20,000 posts on that particular forum everyone understands my humour and they give me as much slack as the next guy.

Thanks LabRat for the link. What I was trying to look for was a glossary of technical abbreviations for some of the electrical hardware, and where else would be a better place to ask than here on an electrically oriented forum.

BTW: Please accept my apologies to everyone for having used my "first post" to bring up a subject that is forbidden. It won't happen again.

Cheers to all, Jack

Old 11-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
jerrodm
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Probably be easier if you have a specific acronym or acronyms you're curious about. If you ever get overwhelmed by too many abbreviations here, try sitting in on a meeting anywhere in the armed forces. It's like a different language!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
tektonjp
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackscars
Sorry to have offended you Captain Tek. :-) No "shameless advertising" was intended. I have more on my car plate through next summer than I really need, so soliciting more would be foolish.

It is understandable, but still unfortunate, that conversations on boards cannot convey humour. I ran into this early on in my participation on another board where I hang and caught some flack, but now, with just under 20,000 posts on that particular forum everyone understands my humour and they give me as much slack as the next guy.

Thanks LabRat for the link. What I was trying to look for was a glossary of technical abbreviations for some of the electrical hardware, and where else would be a better place to ask than here on an electrically oriented forum.

BTW: Please accept my apologies to everyone for having used my "first post" to bring up a subject that is forbidden. It won't happen again.

Cheers to all, Jack
No offense to you, my good man. It was the poster before me, who was plugging his wares here instead of on the vendors page.

"Beer, well respected and rightly consumed, can be a gift of God. It is one of his mysteries, which it was his delight to conceal and the glory of kings to search out."

The Search for God and Guinness by Stephen Mansfield

Quick Reply