Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Electric Brewing (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/)
-   -   Love TS-13010 and an SSR? (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/love-ts-13010-ssr-278802/)

Wrecked 11-04-2011 05:15 PM

Love TS-13010 and an SSR?
 
Hello all,

I am looking at getting a RIMS tube from Brewers Hardware and I would like to use one of my spare TS-13010's to run it. I am not finding much info with the searches I have run:( Any input?

Wrecked

Shockerengr 11-04-2011 06:09 PM

if you're using a 1500w element or less, you can just run it directly through the love switch. Just look for wiring diagrams for the keezers, and put the heating element in the place of the keezer.

Now that being said, since it's not a PID, and has a minimum 1 degree differential, you may find that it might not react quickly enough, and may have some significant temp swings / overshoots.

If you want to try it, I'd do a test run with just water first.

Wrecked 11-04-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shockerengr
if you're using a 1500w element or less, you can just run it directly through the love switch. Just look for wiring diagrams for the keezers, and put the heating element in the place of the keezer.

Now that being said, since it's not a PID, and has a minimum 1 degree differential, you may find that it might not react quickly enough, and may have some significant temp swings / overshoots.

If you want to try it, I'd do a test run with just water first.

Ahhh, good info! I think i will just get a PID to be on the safe side. I have been looking for a reason to build a new control panel anyway, lol Any suggestions on which PID to get.?

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Shockerengr 11-05-2011 01:47 AM

I sure don't, my (gas) system uses a custom microcontroller, so I haven't gone looking for any.

jsguitar 11-05-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrecked (Post 3455924)
Ahhh, good info! I think i will just get a PID to be on the safe side. I have been looking for a reason to build a new control panel anyway, lol Any suggestions on which PID to get.?

Take a look at the Auber 2352. It's a great unit and there's a lot of info on this board about it. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?ma...&products_id=3

Wrecked 11-05-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsguitar (Post 3457226)
Take a look at the Auber 2352. It's a great unit and there's a lot of info on this board about it. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?ma...&products_id=3

Thanks for the reply! I think that is the one I will go with. Do you know if I will need a SSR with the 2352 to run a 1500w element?

Nevermind, I read a few threads and got my answer. I love HBT!

Wrecked


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.