The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Looking for an e-brew pro

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
MachineShopBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default Looking for an e-brew pro

Hey all, I am wanting to go all electric soon and am looking at getting a 25 gallon kettle that will be electric fired with 5500W element, and also building an electric HLT HERMS setup.

I am a CNC machinist and am looking for someone who may want to trade my machining work for their electrical expertise. Perhaps I can make you some cold plates for a TEC conical, or whatever you may need. If you can dream it up, I can usually make it. In return, I am looking for someone who either has, or can make a control unit with two PIDs(one for each element) with SSRs and heatsinks(Like a WAY scaled down Kal clone). Basically, I don't have great electrical knowledge and don't really have time to learn a whole new discipline. I would rather trade my expertise for someone else's expertise and that way we are both helped out. I want to be able to basically plug everything in to a 30 amp 220 dryer outlet and hook up the probes and be brewing. I will make all the kettle mods and have my welding department weld fitting on the kettles. I am planning on using these for the elements to go into the kettle rather than a weldless bulkhead type fitting.
Let me know if anyone is interested in a trade.

Also, if this is in the wrong place I apologize.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
Merzeone
.....DeeeRuuunk
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

look up http://www.ebrewsupply.com/
they should have the majority of what you are looking for

Old 02-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
MachineShopBrewing
Recipes 

Thanks, but not looking to buy a complete kit. way overpriced. I can sit down and figure it all out if I have to, but thought I would see if someone would want to barter service for service.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
mrwizard0
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

It's really not that hard to put one together. I got most of my parts for around $600 and if you know what you want people here can help with the wiring diagram, then it's just put wires where the lines say. It took only a few days to put it together once I had all the stuff

Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 AM   #5
theichthus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 7

I love the idea. Is there a local homebrew club where you could meet up with a local eBrewer? If someone drew up a customized Kal level instruction would you still be unwilling? With distance there are obvious challenges with purchasing parts, shipping parts, and making sure no one is getting screwed. Just thinking out loud.

"Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more."

- Proverbs 31:7

Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
MachineShopBrewing
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theichthus View Post
I love the idea. Is there a local homebrew club where you could meet up with a local eBrewer? If someone drew up a customized Kal level instruction would you still be unwilling? With distance there are obvious challenges with purchasing parts, shipping parts, and making sure no one is getting screwed. Just thinking out loud.
Actually, some guys in my homebrew club could wire this up with their eyes closed. I am in a club with mostly engineers and some of them are automation engineers. They would be willing to help I'm sure, but none of them seem to need any machining done. I thought maybe I would check on the forum to see if someone may need some machining done who may not have access to it.

I am hoping to find someone who has had some part that they have wanted to build for a while, but didn't have access to a machine shop or didn't want to pay a shop to do it. That way both parties get something out of it.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
wadefisher
Brew Meister
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If I were in your area I would take you up on this in a heart beat.

www DrunkMonkeyBrewWerks dot com

Quick Reply