Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Electric Brewing (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/)
-   -   Interested in an Electric Kettle Set Up? Come on in.... (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/interested-electric-kettle-set-up-come-327522/)

SpikeBrewing 05-09-2012 10:32 PM

Interested in an Electric Kettle Set Up? Come on in....
 
**Also posted in the vendor section**

Well we will be rolling out a kettle with a custom 1" stainless coupler that is specially designed for an electric water heater element. The coupler is designed so the electric heater element will sit flush against the coupler engaging the o-ring (no more bottoming out on the NPT threads).

Our question is, who is interested? The additional coupler and welding will be a $30-$40 charge. We also plan on welding a stud that can be used as a ground. Any input on this would be appreciated! :mug:

-Ben

Bsquared 05-09-2012 10:42 PM

Yes, I'm thinking of replacing my 15 gallon eHLT with a 20/25 gallon kettle. As well Im thinking of adding a 10 gallon kettle to my set up to do 5 gallon brews and partigyle's.

Can you weld tri clover ferrules too?

SpikeBrewing 05-09-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bsquared (Post 4072453)
Yes, I'm thinking of replacing my 15 gallon eHLT with a 20/25 gallon kettle. As well Im thinking of adding a 10 gallon kettle to my set up to do 5 gallon brews and partigyle's.

Can you weld tri clover ferrules too?

Our tooling is only set up for 1/2" couplers at the moment. It is something we will look into if the demand is high enough though.

-Ben

P-J 05-09-2012 11:24 PM

How about a picture of it?

Sounds like something that I would recommend.
More info and an image would help all of us decide.

P-J

Willum 05-09-2012 11:29 PM

I would be interested in this. I am planing a 20 gallon 3 vessel electric system. I was planning on using Bayou Classic pots and mounting the elements the way Kal did; however, if you had a welded solution I would most likely go that route.

BeerguyNC61 05-10-2012 12:31 AM

Pictures pictures pictures please. I would be very interested.

SpikeBrewing 05-10-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-J (Post 4072554)
How about a picture of it?

Sounds like something that I would recommend.
More info and an image would help all of us decide.

P-J

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willum (Post 4072564)
I would be interested in this. I am planing a 20 gallon 3 vessel electric system. I was planning on using Bayou Classic pots and mounting the elements the way Kal did; however, if you had a welded solution I would most likely go that route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerguyNC61 (Post 4072757)
Pictures pictures pictures please. I would be very interested.

Sorry to be a tease guys but no pictures at the moment. The coupler will look like any normal coupler but it will be machined to work with a heating element. The welding will be the same quality as the welds shown on our site.

The biggest question that I still have is what size stud would you guys like welded on? Male or female stud? Metric or standard? And placement in relation to the element?

-Ben

SpikeBrewing 05-14-2012 01:02 AM

Any input for a ground? What size stud? Male or female stud? Metric or standard? And placement in relation to the element?

mux 05-14-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikeBrewing
Any input for a ground? What size stud? Male or female stud? Metric or standard? And placement in relation to the element?

I would do 1/4 20. Within 6" of the element location.

billysparrows 05-14-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willum
I would be interested in this. I am planing a 20 gallon 3 vessel electric system. I was planning on using Bayou Classic pots and mounting the elements the way Kal did; however, if you had a welded solution I would most likely go that route.

+1. Well, +2 for my planned 3 vessel elec rims


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:26 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.