Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Indoor Electric Vent Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
xsists
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Indoor Electric Vent Question

So I am still planning out my brewery for my basement build. I am wondering if I will run into any issues with my plan for venting the exhaust. I am planning on running a vent hood with an inline Vortex blower (449 cfm I believe) the only issue is, I have low windows in my basement. The exhaust exit through the window is going to be about 2-3 feet lower than the vent hood itself and then back up another 2-3 feet outside. Am I going to run into condensation issues at the low point of the vent system? Should I put a little drain hole inside at the lowest point? I was considering just drilling a exhaust hole outside but I have really thick lannon stone on the outside of my house that is a pain to get through so I'd like to get through the window that houses my dryer vent.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
flananuts
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

you will definitely have condensation. My window is marginally higher than the hood when in place and my blower is a straight shot to the window. My hood is portable so when I take it down, the condensation falls out. Mind you it's a fractional percent of the boiloff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply