Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > I'm an idiot.........

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
dukes7779
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default I'm an idiot.........

So, I have been considering going electric for some time now. Originally wanting to DIY but after reading through virtual reams of threads and Wiki pages I've been unable to figure out what's going on..........

I use the same vessel for HLT and BK and mash in my igloo cooler. Any single vessel controllers out there? I could never do my own wiriing. Anyone have one they would like to part with?

Thanks!

Also, a simple explanation of the role of the components (PID I get the idea) would be greatly appreciated just as a FYI.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #2
wrench
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you want to go real simple with electric brewing... Consider BIAB (one vessel) and control it with a simple PWM circuit and SSR. You can buy the PWM real cheap or buy the kit to assemble yourself for even less money. It will be a fully manual control, but it will get the job done with minimal cost and fuss.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
WAORGANY
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukes7779
So, I have been considering going electric for some time now. Originally wanting to DIY but after reading through virtual reams of threads and Wiki pages I've been unable to figure out what's going on..........

I use the same vessel for HLT and BK and mash in my igloo cooler. Any single vessel controllers out there? I could never do my own wiriing. Anyone have one they would like to part with?

Thanks!

Also, a simple explanation of the role of the components (PID I get the idea) would be greatly appreciated just as a FYI.
I think you are selling yourself short the wiring is not as hard as you think you just follow the wiring diagram, I am no rocket scientist and I am figuring it out ok.

RLTW!

Quick Reply