Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > I need a single PID, single element diagram

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #31
bdharstad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigapunk

Thank you for the help guys, I've spent some time reading about AC current trying to learn as much as I can.

So in the above schematic with a neutral and one hot 220v lead going to the PID, is the PID then powered by 110V (even though it does not have a second hot lead)? Could the PID alternatively be powered by two hot leads to 9 and 10?
If the PID is designed for 110v it could hurt it to power it with 220v. The diagram that was provided above is great for what you are trying to do. It provides 220v to the heating element and 110v to the controller. If you follow the line diagram you should be ok.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #32
bdharstad
Recipes 

To hook it up without a neutral you will need a 220v PID. Then you will be able to hook it up from the available dryer plug.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #33
gigapunk
Recipes 

Thanks for all the help guys! This stuff is finally making sense.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #34
vegoiltycoon
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I need a wiring too,please. I have 2 5500 watt heaters on 240.. I have two 1/2 hp pumps. These need to be controlled as two seperate pump and heater combos. I have 2 Sestos B2E timers and 2 Sestos D1S controllers.Timer 1 and controller 1 work together. Timer 1 will tell controller 1 when to shut down. It will also time a pump on simple on/off. I need an indicator light light between Timer 1 and pump. I need indicator light between Controller 1 and heater 1. Setup 2 is identical to Setup 1, mounted in same control panel. This is a biodiesel processor. Pump 1 and Heater 1 are on a 100 gal conical steel tank circulating from bottom to top. Pump 2 and Heater 2 are on a 55 gal drum circulating from bottom to top.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #35
P-J
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 250 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegoiltycoon View Post
I need a wiring too,please. I have 2 5500 watt heaters on 240.. I have two 1/2 hp pumps. These need to be controlled as two seperate pump and heater combos. I have 2 Sestos B2E timers and 2 Sestos D1S controllers.Timer 1 and controller 1 work together. Timer 1 will tell controller 1 when to shut down. It will also time a pump on simple on/off. I need an indicator light light between Timer 1 and pump. I need indicator light between Controller 1 and heater 1. Setup 2 is identical to Setup 1, mounted in same control panel. This is a biodiesel processor. Pump 1 and Heater 1 are on a 100 gal conical steel tank circulating from bottom to top. Pump 2 and Heater 2 are on a 55 gal drum circulating from bottom to top.
Sorry: Would like to help with a drawing - however - your build plan is based on Sestos components. I'm not familiar with them and it poses a sharp learning curve for me that I'm not willing to invest in.

Auber Instruments components - no problem..

Again, sorry...

Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #36
mrwizard0
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegoiltycoon
I have a sestos timer in my build so I'm familiar with that. I can answer questions if you have them. As for the other components, I am not so sure of since I used auber pids

Old 05-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #37
jeffmeh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
Sorry: Would like to help with a drawing - however - your build plan is based on Sestos components. I'm not familiar with them and it poses a sharp learning curve for me that I'm not willing to invest in.

Auber Instruments components - no problem..

Again, sorry...
P-J, I bet you have a drawing already with Auber PIDs and timers that would get him most of the way there.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #38
P-J
Recipes 

Liked 250 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmeh View Post
P-J, I bet you have a drawing already with Auber PIDs and timers that would get him most of the way there.
Very true - however the differences between the Auber and the Sestos is huge. Very difficult to even try to interpret a chang in a plan.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #39
jeffmeh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
Very true - however the differences between the Auber and the Sestos is huge. Very difficult to even try to interpret a chang in a plan.
Understood. Just draw a cloud around each PID and timer and show the connections in and out of it, lol.

Incidentally, I'm kidding around, and don't expect you to draw anything you don't want to draw. You do enough around here already.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #40
atreid
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I cannot, for the love of God, understand why would anyone buy all this equipment without having a decent diagram on hand first...

Quick Reply