Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Hoppo's E-Brewery Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #61
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Nice! Thanks man! The other branch of repocast used to be 3 miles from my house here in Ortonville, but they moved that site up to Flint.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #62
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

It's been a while since I last posted any updates on this thread. I have been bogged down with several other brewing projects, so I'll bring you up to speed. I finished my motorized grain mill and grain storage bin (first pic), so now all of the "furniture" components of the brewery are complete. The second pic. is with all components in their final resting place (bin, mill, brewing table, sink, ferm chambers, exhaust hood, etc.). All rough plumbing and rough electrical are complete. Now I am moving onto drywall, cement board, and tile. When we built the house, I installed a 200 amp / 40 breaker electrical panel, but now that the rest of my basement is complete, I used up every last circuit in the panel. Thankfully, my father in law is an electrician and Menards was running a special on 100 amp. / 20 breaker panels and 100 amp. breakers, so we are installing the subpanel this weekend. I am also ordering the rest of my fittings from Bobby at brewhardware, so that I can finishe the keggle conversions right after drywall is complete. I'll try to be better about keeping the thread updated.

img_2943.jpg   img_2942.jpg   img_2945.jpg   img_2946.jpg  

Old 11-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #63
TrainSafe
John Gage wannabe
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You are going to love that pre-rinse nozzle on your sink. I just added one to my sink and it might be my favorite part of my setup. I find myself using it for other tasks, like this week my kid needed to take an empty peanut butter jar to school. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the PB out in the kitchen sink. I took it down to the brewery and had it clean in about 20 seconds. It makes everything go so easy, even cleaning corneys. Best investment ever.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #64
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Yeah, I'm excited to have found it. It was another one of my many CL finds. It was brand new, still in it's original packaging. The guy had it posted for $125 and I think I offered $80 and got it for $90ish. When I got home I did a web search on the exact make and model and it retails for over $500. Similar with my pot filling faucet over my HLT.

As soon as I get the drywall and cement board up, my plumber is coming back out to install an ejector pump for the drain system of the sink. The supply lines are in and just need to install the supply valves, again once drywall is done. It will be nice to have a fully operations sink down there!

Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #65
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I stalled out on the brewery build for a while, but should start making progress this week! The subpanel and all of the rough electrical is installed and ready for drywall, as is the rough plumbing. I'm having a high efficiency boiler system installed next Tuesday for the radiant hydronics floor heating in my basement. Since this unit and all of it's components (pumps, manifold, etc.) hang on the wall opposite to the brewing station, I need to get the drywall up asap. I'm picking up all of the drywall for the entire room and cement board for behind the brewing table tomorrow at Menards. My primary goal is to get the drywall hung, taped, and finished on the wall where the boiler is going to be installed by the end of the weekend. I will then finish off the drywall on the brewery side of the room throughout next week. I'll post pics. along the way.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #66
jEld
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Have fun with that! Let me know if you need a hand!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #67
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks Jason. I should be good though. I'm renting the flat bed truck at Menards to haul it home. I made my last patient for 10 a.m. tomorrow, so I can run home, change clothes, and get up to Davison. Once I have the truck loaded I have 75 min. to get it back to them without an upcharge on the rental. Since it's a 25 min. drive each way, I only have 25 minutes to get the sh*t unloaded at my house. I'm hoping the ground freezes a little more, so I can drive around to the back of the house and back right up to the walkout. I then have to return their truck and get home in time to pick the kids up from school. I appreciate the offer, but you'll still be working when I'm scrambling. Let's get together for a beer sometime anyways......4 fresh kegs just made their way into my keezer!

Hoppo's Rustic Basement Bar Build:

Hoppo's Knotty Pine/Cedar Log Keezer Build:

Hoppo's Rustic Dual Fermentation Chamber Builds:

Hoppo's Motorized Grain Mill:

Hoppo's Rustic E-Brewery Build:
jEld Likes This 
Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #68
BigHefty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

That Menards is 5 min from my house. Too bad you weren't doing it in the evening, I coulda/woulda helped too.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #69
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks man.... I appreciate the offer, but I'm leaving work right now and heading in that direction. I only have a small window of opportunity to get this done, so I'm flying solo. I'm not exactly thrilled about unloading and carrying 18 sheets of drywall and 4 sheets of Durarock by myself, but I'll survive. Hell, the rest of my basement took 90+ sheets of drywall to finish and I carried and hung 90% of it on my own, so I'm sure I can handle it.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #70
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Alright guys.....boiler is being installed tomorrow for the radiant floor heating throughout the finished side of the basement. I got all of the interior partitioning walls insulated between the finished and unfinished sides of the basement. I also got all of the cement board hung behind the brewing station as well as 90% of the drywall hung in the mechanical and brewing rooms. I was on my next to the last piece of drywall yesterday and was running out of steam. Basically, I got careless and cut the inner tip of my left finger off....along with a portion of the nail with a utility knife.
Needless to say, it stopped me in my tracks and I didn't finish the last 2 pieces. Since it severed the inner tip clean off, stitches were not an option, so I just have to wait for it to heal. What a PITA! What really sucks is that I'm a manual physical therapist, so I use my hands all day long for massage, spinal adjustments, joint mobilization, etc., etc., so work is going to be brutal for a few days. It's tender as hell! Unfortunately, I can't take time off because I own my own PT practices and am short staffed at one of my offices with a schedule full of patients. The joys of being self employed.

I'll post some pics of my progress later tonight......ignore the blood stains on the walls.

Quick Reply