The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Hoppo's E-Brewery Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #51
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Here are a few better pics of the fermentation chambers in their almost done state. I have a seperate thread for that build if anyone's interested.

Thanks BeerGuy!

My wife and I are leaving in 2 weeks for a week in the Carribean for our 15 year anniversary, so I'm going to try to get the cabinets built for the grain mill and storage bin before we go.

img_2639.jpg   img_2640.jpg   img_2642.jpg   img_2643.jpg  
Jipper Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #52
jEld
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Looking good neighbor!

Old 09-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #53
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks Jason.....it's coming together slowly, but surely. Have you started kegging yet?

cooper017 Likes This 
Old 09-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #54
DamageCT
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hoppo, if you don't mind me asking, where did you buy the table that the kegs are on?
I have been looking into building one similar to Kal's but if a metal table is cheaper than time/supplies for a wooden one (and can hold as much weight) I'd much prefer a setup similar to yours.

Thanks!

Old 09-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #55
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I purchased the stainless steel table from a local deli that went out of business. I actually purchased two tables from the deli for around $200 for both, but she included a box full of ss utensils, a couple of pendant lights, and a stainless bar storage bin used in bars for storing lemon wedges, lime wedges, cherries, etc. The table you are referring to is a heavy duty table that has built in trusses on the undersurface of top itself and can hold a ton of weight. The second table is a cheaper model that does not have a truss system in place and I would not trust holding the weight of the brewing system while in use. The second table will be used as an island work station in the brewery. I also purchased the stainless steel sink/drip pan from another failing restaurant for I think $125. Keep an eye out of craigs list for restaurant liquidation equipment, because with the economy there is a lot of this stuff out there. There is another website called www.repocast.net that is an on-line auction site that reposses equipment from bankrupt businesses and auctions it on line. It's a Michigan based business, but I think they can ship anywhere. Look around and you should be able to find something, but make sure that the table is heavy duty with the built in trusses.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #56
jEld
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppopotomus
Thanks Jason.....it's coming together slowly, but surely. Have you started kegging yet?
Yup, I have a porter and a pumpkin ale kegged and delicious! Now I just need time to fill my other 4 kegs!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #57
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nice! Let's get together sometime soon and have a few beers.

I just finished framing the cabinet for my motorized grain mill. I'll be starting a thread in the DIY section for that build as well. Check out my latest creation when you get a chance.

Hoppo's Rustic Basement Bar Build:

Hoppo's Knotty Pine/Cedar Log Keezer Build:

Hoppo's Rustic Dual Fermentation Chamber Builds:

Hoppo's Motorized Grain Mill:

Hoppo's Rustic E-Brewery Build:

Old 09-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #58
rockinmarty
Big Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Great as usual. Happy 15th and enjoy the Caribbean

Tabhair dom beoir nó a thabhairt dom bháis
My E-brewery build(as cheap as possible)(Be patient slow progress)

Hoppopotomus Likes This 
Old 09-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #59
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks man....I appreciate it. My wife and I are long overdue for a vacation for just the two of us. We used to travel all of the time, but the damn kids put an end to that.

I made a little more progress in the brewery last night by building the cabinet for my grain mill. Tomorrow after work, I'm going to build the cabinet for the grain storage bin and start trimming them out. This weekend I am finally going to place my order with Bobby at brewhardware for all of the fittings required for my keggle conversions. I'll probably tackle that project as soon as I get back from vacation. Have a good day.

Hoppo's Rustic Basement Bar Build:

Hoppo's Knotty Pine/Cedar Log Keezer Build:

Hoppo's Rustic Dual Fermentation Chamber Builds:

Hoppo's Motorized Grain Mill:

Hoppo's Rustic E-Brewery Build:

Old 09-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #60
ThePell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppopotomus View Post
I purchased the stainless steel table from a local deli that went out of business. I actually purchased two tables from the deli for around $200 for both, but she included a box full of ss utensils, a couple of pendant lights, and a stainless bar storage bin used in bars for storing lemon wedges, lime wedges, cherries, etc. The table you are referring to is a heavy duty table that has built in trusses on the undersurface of top itself and can hold a ton of weight. The second table is a cheaper model that does not have a truss system in place and I would not trust holding the weight of the brewing system while in use. The second table will be used as an island work station in the brewery. I also purchased the stainless steel sink/drip pan from another failing restaurant for I think $125. Keep an eye out of craigs list for restaurant liquidation equipment, because with the economy there is a lot of this stuff out there. There is another website called www.repocast.net that is an on-line auction site that reposses equipment from bankrupt businesses and auctions it on line. It's a Michigan based business, but I think they can ship anywhere. Look around and you should be able to find something, but make sure that the table is heavy duty with the built in trusses.
I work a few miles from the Grand Rapids offices for Repocast. If anyone ever wants me to check something out for them or get some better pictures of an item just send me a PM.

Quick Reply