Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Hoppo's E-Brewery Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #241
junkyard brewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Good things come to those who wait. Kids, family and things that make them happy should always take priority.

Keep up the hard work!

Up next: Robust Porter
Aging:
Hoppopotomus Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #242
Jeebas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppopotomus View Post
Had a couple of hours today to build the pump and plate chiller mounting system. Of course, I had to incorporate knotty pine boards and cedar logs. Hard to tell by the pics, but should look decent once clear coated. I just need to order a couple of more cam lock fittings for the plate chiller and run the duct work for the ventilation fan. Almost there!

Thanks TD! My kids go to Oxford Schools....great school system and a great place to live. Close to everything, but still some seclusion if you want it.
What are those tabs that you are using to keep the plate chiller in place?

In this picture

Old 09-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #243
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 118

I believe they were in the packet of machined screws that came with the ss outlet plates for my heating element assemblies. Not sure what exactly they would be used for, but they were sitting on my work bench, so I found a use for them.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #244
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Had a busy day in the brewery yesterday. I spend several hours emptying the room and moving all of the components over to my exercise room. I built a cedar framed, knotty pine paneled door to hide the plumbing under the sink. I wiped down all of the wood work and walls and am ready to finish off the rest of the wood work clear coating. I then plan on priming, then painting the floor with a heavy duty epoxy floor paint, as I don't feel like doing any more tiling at this point. Once that is done, I will run the vent out the back of the house and finish grouting all of the components.

I finally fired up the panel to check out the BCS platform last night via the internal wifi adapter. I was having problems accessing the ebrewsupply network from my IPad, so I sent and email to Ryan @ ebrewsupply. He responded almost immediately with his cell phone number and walked me through the logging on process. I'm a bit of an IT idiot. He was also nice enough pre-load his typical brewing process into the BCS, which will save me a ton of time. His process is slightly different than mine, but it will be much quicker tweaking his processes than having to start from scratch! It is still going to take some time learning the programming, but he gave me a great head start. I can't thank Ryan enough for the quality of his panels and his friendly customer support!

Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #245
huntb
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppopotomus View Post
Had a busy day in the brewery yesterday. I spend several hours emptying the room and moving all of the components over to my exercise room. I built a cedar framed, knotty pine paneled door to hide the plumbing under the sink. I wiped down all of the wood work and walls and am ready to finish off the rest of the wood work clear coating. I then plan on priming, then painting the floor with a heavy duty epoxy floor paint, as I don't feel like doing any more tiling at this point. Once that is done, I will run the vent out the back of the house and finish grouting all of the components.

I finally fired up the panel to check out the BCS platform last night via the internal wifi adapter. I was having problems accessing the ebrewsupply network from my IPad, so I sent and email to Ryan @ ebrewsupply. He responded almost immediately with his cell phone number and walked me through the logging on process. I'm a bit of an IT idiot. He was also nice enough pre-load his typical brewing process into the BCS, which will save me a ton of time. His process is slightly different than mine, but it will be much quicker tweaking his processes than having to start from scratch! It is still going to take some time learning the programming, but he gave me a great head start. I can't thank Ryan enough for the quality of his panels and his friendly customer support!
Sounds like a pretty busy day! I hope you had some time to watch the Lions spank the Bears though

Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #246
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I recorded it and watched it later in the evening. What a game, especially the first half! I really wish they wouldn't have gave up those last two touchdowns + the 2 point conversions at the end though. I can't wait for the time to come when the Lions can put a team away with authority, rather than letting teams come back to within reach. I really wasn't too worried though.

A big shout out to Izzy for the extra help intercepting 'da Bear's defensive schemes.....what a joke!

Hoppo's Rustic Basement Bar Build:

Hoppo's Knotty Pine/Cedar Log Keezer Build:

Hoppo's Rustic Dual Fermentation Chamber Builds:

Hoppo's Motorized Grain Mill:

Hoppo's Rustic E-Brewery Build:

Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #247
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I found some time to work on the brewery this weekend. I did some more clear coating and built a corner shelf for a TV in the corner of the brewery and dressed out the front with a gnarly cedar log that I had laying around. Pics. later. I then went thru my keggles and teflon taped all of the fittings and got everything back together. I also assembled all of my high temp. silicone hoses with camlock fittings. I have been playing around with the control panel programming, but need to modify several processes to meet the requirements of my system. I was able to do a wet test by running my "Heat to Strike" and my "Mashing" processes in the BCS. I found a couple of tiny little leaks at two of the weldless bulkheads, which I have corrected, but otherwise the panel is functioning, the pumps are pumping, and the elements are heating. I plan on flushing the entire system with hot water and pbw and then going thru the entire brewing process (with shorter times on the mash/boil) with water only. I want to make my way thru the entire process a few times before my inaugural first brew on the system. I still need a couple of male camlock fittings for my plate chiller, but otherwise it's almost ready!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #248
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

pics of the corner shelf with log trim, sink door, and hoses set up for mashing. I'll eventually upgrade to a flat screen tv in the brewery, as the shelf should allow a 32". For now, I have 3 old tube tv's sitting in the storage side of my basement collecting dust, so I'll use one of those for now. I'll be doing a few more wet tests this week on the system and plan on grouting this weekend. Not sure when I'll find the time to do the acid stain and sealer on the floor, but I'll likely start brewing down there before that.

img_3320.jpg   img_3321.jpg   img_3322.jpg  

Old 10-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #249
sethlovex
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Looks good. I just moved and also have several tube TVs, unloading them sucked. I also still have a VCR for Disney movies for my kids. Trapped in the 90's

Old 10-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #250
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks. Yeah, we had a garage sale a few years back and sold several old VCR's and a boat load of outdated electronics. I didn't feel like carrying the tube TV's up though. I have a 36" panasonic that probably weighs close to 100 lbs. I put the smallest of the 3 on the shelf, because the other two would stick out way too far, as they are easily 25" deep.....my how technology has changed. I have a 55" LED that is 1" thick. I took a few measurements last night and the shelf would accommodate a 42" flat panel, but it would be right up to the drop ceiling line once installed. I'll probably go with a 32" for clearance, as the room isn't too terribly large. Time to take a trip to Goodwill and unload the other boat anchors.

Quick Reply