Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Hoppo's E-Brewery Build

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #151
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 118

You're far too kind Jeebas....., but you have some pretty awesome builds going on yourself.

Finally settled on a couple of colors for the basement. For the main brewing room, we decided to go with a darker color to pull the red, earthy tones out of the red cedar knots and darker tones in the knotty pine. The color is called "fresh baked pumpernickel. In the pics. it looks a little darker than it is, but looks really nice with all of the knotty pine components moved back into place. For the rest of my mechanical room, we decided on a contrasting color called warm butterscotch that also goes really well with the decor in the brewery. Here are a few pics of the main brewery room with the darker color. I am trimming the walls out with knotty pine boards both horizontally and vertically to cover the drywall seams and to create a picture frame look on the walls and to also break up the dark color as well. What can I say, I HATE mudding and taping, so this was my next best option. I haven't started painting the rest of the mechanical room in the lighter color, but plan on being done with all painting and trim work by the end of the weekend.

img_3152.jpg   img_3150.jpg   img_3151.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #152
ApothecaryBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm a little worried that there is too much building and not enough brewing happening. I see that coke zero can! Blasphemy, unless of course you are saving the calories for your beer.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #153
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Don't worry, my pipeline is full! I'm still brewing the old fashion way in my garage for now with a cooler MT and the 32 quart BK on a propane burner. I store all of my brewing equipment in the basement, so it's a royal pain in the ass to get everything out and carried up to the garage to brew every other weekend. I have resorted to brewing 2-3 batches at a time about every other month now.....about once a month in the summer. I'm the only person in my household that drinks beer and with it being winter, I don't host nearly as many parties as in the summer, so a full pipeline of 20 gallons and a 5 gallon reserve in cold storage goes a long way for me.

As for the Coke Zero.....let me explain! I only worked yesterday in the a.m. and was painting by late morning, so the pics were taken around noonish.....too early for me to start drinkin'. And yes, I do save my calories for beer. I come from a family where the genetics aren't exactly stacked in my favor. Every male across the board is obese....we are talking 3 bills plus. In order for me to maintain my fighting weight, I have to watch what I eat and drink. With the exception of beer, I consume very little other sugar or startches otherwise. I couldn't tell you the last time I had a regular pop, a piece of candy, or any other sugar laced product (cookies/cake/pie/ice cream/etc.). With the exception of beer and wine, I eat and drink like someone would with chronic diabetes......lean proteins and only healthy carbs from grains/nuts/veges, etc. Hell, I rarely eat potatos and I couldn't tell you the last time I had a piece of white bread or anything else with white processed flour for that matter. It's the sacrifice that I have made to continue to enjoy beer and stay somewhat healthy in the process.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #154
ApothecaryBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts

Prior to noon is what breakfast stouts are for haha. I am in the same boat though, fighting genetics while trying to love craft beer.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #155
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Yeah, I hear ya. It's a b*tch and it gets harder the older I get. I'm a physical therapist, so I have to keep my weight somewhat under control. How much trust would my patients have in me if I was morbidly obese and didn't practice what I preach. Despite my efforts, I am still not exactly the picture of superb health, but it could and would be much, much worse if I didn't keep a handle on it.

Hoppo's Rustic Basement Bar Build:

Hoppo's Knotty Pine/Cedar Log Keezer Build:

Hoppo's Rustic Dual Fermentation Chamber Builds:

Hoppo's Motorized Grain Mill:

Hoppo's Rustic E-Brewery Build:

Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #156
Hoppopotomus
Cedar Hollow Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Finished most of the trim on the brewing wall in my brewery, but still have the rest of the room to do. The unpainted small triangular surfaces on either side of the ventilation hood will be done in the same T&G knotty pine as I used for all of the components, just didn't have time to finish it today. My next project is to knock out the rest of the trim in the rest of the room, utilizing the same picture frame effect, as to avoid any mudding and taping. I will then clear coat all of the trim and then move onto grouting the backsplash and component tops. Then I can install my HLT filling faucet and finish the flooring. I was going to tile the entire room, but am now considering some kind of epoxy finish on the floor or just staining the concrete. I'll keep plugging away!

img_3158.jpg   img_3155.jpg   img_3154.jpg   img_3156.jpg  

Hoppo's Rustic Basement Bar Build:

Hoppo's Knotty Pine/Cedar Log Keezer Build:

Hoppo's Rustic Dual Fermentation Chamber Builds:

Hoppo's Motorized Grain Mill:

Hoppo's Rustic E-Brewery Build:
Carlscan26 Likes This 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #157
Carlscan26
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Nice. Very nice!

Stain the concrete

Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #158
Jeebas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppopotomus View Post
Don't worry, my pipeline is full! I'm still brewing the old fashion way in my garage for now with a cooler MT and the 32 quart BK on a propane burner. I store all of my brewing equipment in the basement, so it's a royal pain in the ass to get everything out and carried up to the garage to brew every other weekend. I have resorted to brewing 2-3 batches at a time about every other month now.....about once a month in the summer. I'm the only person in my household that drinks beer and with it being winter, I don't host nearly as many parties as in the summer, so a full pipeline of 20 gallons and a 5 gallon reserve in cold storage goes a long way for me.

As for the Coke Zero.....let me explain! I only worked yesterday in the a.m. and was painting by late morning, so the pics were taken around noonish.....too early for me to start drinkin'. And yes, I do save my calories for beer. I come from a family where the genetics aren't exactly stacked in my favor. Every male across the board is obese....we are talking 3 bills plus. In order for me to maintain my fighting weight, I have to watch what I eat and drink. With the exception of beer, I consume very little other sugar or startches otherwise. I couldn't tell you the last time I had a regular pop, a piece of candy, or any other sugar laced product (cookies/cake/pie/ice cream/etc.). With the exception of beer and wine, I eat and drink like someone would with chronic diabetes......lean proteins and only healthy carbs from grains/nuts/veges, etc. Hell, I rarely eat potatos and I couldn't tell you the last time I had a piece of white bread or anything else with white processed flour for that matter. It's the sacrifice that I have made to continue to enjoy beer and stay somewhat healthy in the process.
I can relate to the trying to eat healthy and still enjoy good beer - and also the pipeline staying full until I have parties - Though I am currently down to three kegs of hard cider and thats it, and they'll prob kick after Sunday. I normally refrain from the brew Monday - Thursday at the very least. Fighting against genetics also and the lethargic occupation of being a software engineer. Protein bars, greek yogurt, wheat bagel thins, tuna wraps, carrots and fresh fruit for me most days!

My Keezer Build

Plate Chiller Setup

March Pump Toolbox Build

Old 02-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #159
ameliabrewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Agreed! I have lost 22 pounds and am hoping to drop another 26. But...I will not and have not given up beer!!!! Working with a nutritionist and eating right. You do not have to give up the beer, instead, give up the sodas, fast food, and just eat right.

My Brewery
http://www.doubledizzy.net

My Electric BIAB Brewery
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/bia...rewery-298735/

My eHERMS Project
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/my-...ontrol-384012/

Old 02-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #160
Gridlocked
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts