Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > General Wiring Questions On A 240v 50amp Line

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #21
jdlev
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

My life sucks....So I'm doing my routine monitoring of the bank accounts and credit card accounts...I get to my capital one card, and notice the credit available has dropped by $2k. I look at the overall credit limit...that hasn't changed...there's no big charges on the account (yet)...so I call the wife.

Turns out the gov't shorted our loans to her school by $2k, a loan I was under the impression that had already been PAID, and we wouldn't owe another $2k this semester.

So instead of the brewery build having $1k IN the fund, I've got -$1k. F...F...F...F..F..FFFFFFFFFF

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #22
wyzazz
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 48

That sucks! But the bright side of this is you now have a bit of time to read up on this stuff so you can be plenty educated when you decide to jump in feet first. I've been educating myself and slowly purchasing parts for my build for around a year now, there is nothing wrong with that.

And I'd like to see my 1.080 beers ready from grain to glass in a week, and served to me by red-headed twin penthouse pets wearing garter belts and fishnet stockings, with Irish accents, calling me "master luv gun," but we can't always get what we want can we? :)

Old 06-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #23
jdlev
Recipes 

I know lol...it just sucks because I'm one of those guys that has to do things at 100mph. At least now I won't rush it and screw something up (hopefully anyways!)

Old 06-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #24
jdlev
Recipes 

This pretty much describes how I feel right now...

Old 06-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #25
jdlev
Recipes 

So I just did it...placed the order for pretty much all of the elements from Kal's site (including the bits) through amazon...buy once...use forever...right Kal!

I pretty much felt like this though on hitting the order button:

Now to order the PIDS/SSRs/RTD and the like, and wait for everything like a spoiled kid waiting for Christmas...

Old 06-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #26
wyzazz
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlev View Post
So I just did it...placed the order for pretty much all of the elements from Kal's site (including the bits) through amazon...buy once...use forever...right Kal!

I pretty much felt like this though on hitting the order button:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMS0O3kknvk

Now to order the PIDS/SSRs/RTD and the like, and wait for everything like a spoiled kid waiting for Christmas...
Depending on how many you need, the SSR's can be had for cheap if you look at ebay, everything else you've listed I would order from Auber.
And I'd like to see my 1.080 beers ready from grain to glass in a week, and served to me by red-headed twin penthouse pets wearing garter belts and fishnet stockings, with Irish accents, calling me "master luv gun," but we can't always get what we want can we? :)

Old 06-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #27
jdlev
Recipes 

Would you recommend this RTD: RTD How bout a link to the SSR you'd recommend on ebay?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #28
wyzazz
Recipes 

That RTD would work fine, you just need to make sure that it's long enough for your application. How are you mounting it in your kettle? The probe on that one is 2.3" long. Maybe this one would work better depending on the application? It's also got a disconnect at the end so you can remove it without tools when you clean your equipment.

As for an SSR, I searched for 40A SSR and sorted by price and got this. Any SSR that will take a 12VDC signal on the input (this one takes 3-32VDC) and will take 240VAC on the load side (this one takes 24-380VAC) will work fine. You will also want an appropriately sized heatsink. If you don't have a heatsink from a CPU or something else in mind you could pick up a packaged deal like this.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #29
jdlev
Recipes 

I was going to go in through the side of the kettle. I was hoping to find a probe that's 6"...I'll see what else they may have...

Old 06-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #30
wyzazz
Recipes 

You could always use this in conjunction with this.

Quick Reply