1) What's the difference between never open and never closed?
2) What does Full Load Amps mean (in layman terms)?
3) What does Locked Rotor Amps mean (in layman terms)?
4) I have a 50 amp gfci breaker running to a dryer outlet to my 5500w element. Right now I'm just using the breaker to turn the element on and off. I want to use the Ranco to do that. Since the max pull on the element is 23A, does it exceed what the Ranco is capable of handling?
1) Normally Open are the contacts OPEN when the coil is NOT energized, Normally Closed are the contacts CLOSED when the coil is NOT energized. When you send power to the controller and energize it, the normally open will close and the normally closed will open.
2) Full Load Amps is the maximum CONSTANT amp draw on the controller.
3) LRA (locked rotor amp) or In-Rush amperage is the spike that occurs mainly in motors when they turn on. You have an in-rush of current as the motor goes from a fully stopped position (Locked Rotor) to its running speed.
4)Yes it seems to be too much.