Finally...beginning my electric brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replacement part came in today! I'm auto tuning! Feels great to finally have it up and running! I'm auto tuning and then will get ready tomorrow for its inaugural debut!

Still need to order panel tags but that can wait.

Well - still having troubles. I began heating my water the other day and element started leaking. I was using the stock washer with the lament. I ordered the washer and oring ala Kal. Well, it's still leaking into the element housing. I soldered a locknut to my kettle and even with using oring and washer its still leaking. Any suggestions?

Is it possible your over tightening? With those there's no groove so if you over tighten the washer actually pushes out. I wouldn't think Kal's method is likely to work as well with a soldered locknut (although I have not tried), the stock washer should be enough as long as you don't overtighten and push the washer out. Any pics?

Back