Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Final Electrical diagram, maybe???????????

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2010, 10:20 PM   #11
EuBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

OK now I'm really confused. This is a quote from jcdillin on the BrewTroller forum in response to a question I posted about wiring the 16 port relay board.

"For your 12v solenoid it's even easier.

Your going to just take 12v and hook it to one terminal of the P/V1 relay. Then your going to connect one wire of your solenoid to that. Then your going to take your other wire for your solenoid and connect it to ground. That way when the relay is activated then the solenoid is ON. Now if you want to manually override that relay then you are going to want to use a wire like this.

http://www.oscsys.com/3-Pin-Connector-with-Leads.html and connect it to the JP1 terminal on your relay board. That terminal is designed to be attached to a 3 position switch. So meaning that when the switch is in the center then the output will be forced off. Then if you switch it one direction then the BrewTroller will have control and if you switch it the other way then the valve will be ON until you turn it off. All 16 outputs can be controlled that way. You just keep adding wires down the row."

So which is it??? The way I read this is when the relay is activated it allows 12V to run to the valve via the wire connected to the relay and it runs to ground from the wire on the valve running to ground turning the solenoid on.

Secondary 1: empty
Secondary 2: empty
Secondary 3: empty

Kegged: Nada
Bottled Nada

Planned: Sierra Nevada Celebration clone
CBC Bodhi IPA

I may be naive but I make up for that with inexperience!!

Reason: incomplete thought

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 03:10 AM   #12
ClaudiusB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuBrew View Post
OK now I'm really confused. This is a quote from jcdillin on the BrewTroller forum in response to a question I posted about wiring the 16 port relay board.

[COLOR="Navy"]"For your 12v solenoid it's even easier.

Your going to just take 12v and hook it to one terminal of the P/V1 relay. Then your going to connect one wire of your solenoid to that. Then your going to take your other wire for your solenoid and connect it to ground. That way when the relay is activated then the solenoid is ON.
Since you are using a relay board to control your solenoids and not driving them directly (using BrewTroller outputs) connect the wires as per jcdillin instructions.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Old 11-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #13
Sawdustguy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts

I am by no means trying to be mean or nasty but I would recommend you get some electronics/electrical training before attempting this or have a friend with some experience help you. Messing around with this stuff without the knowledge can be very dangerous, not to mention expensive. I simply don't want to see anything bad happen to anybody.

Guy

Quick Reply