Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Electric setup

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #11
ToV
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paque View Post
M'y house is equipped with a heat recovery ventilator (HRV) that makes the air circulate in the house and the basement as well... Does that prevent from the downdraft?
Not familiar with that kind of system.

But, a downdraft is air coming back down the exhaust system (chimney) of any oil or gas appliances and out through the appliance. This is cause by the interior air pressure being lower than the exterior air pressure, in this case caused by your brewing exhaust fan. If your bathroom fan or range exhaust vent to the outside the too will create negative pressure. Since they are not near the furnace that imbalance will likely be corrected through a leaky window or bad door seal.

IF you system recirculates air throughout the house the entire time you are brewing it MIGHT spread the load to the point that a down draft will not occur. But if it turns off at all you are into down draft conditions.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #12
paque
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Hi,
I don't have any appliance powered by gas or oil....all is electric powered...so I guess that I don't have to bothet with the downdraft...,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply