Brew life at least.
Story to date:
Converted my brew kettle to electric a couple weeks ago using Kal's instructions. My kettle is aluminum, so it was not easy getting the locknut to thread due to the kettle wall thickness, but after a bit of cursing it worked.
Installed a cheap direct vent range hood, learned to solder and put together a PWM controller thanks to the PWM...show us how thread.
Yesterday, my wife had to take the baby out for a couple hours and I decided it was a good time to give the kettle a go. Wow, can't believe how much of an improvement to the process electric is. Cut over a half hour off my brew day and did not get a single complaint about the smell when my wife got back. I was even able to work while brewing, in fact the last hour of the brew I was on a conference call. There seems to be a lot less micromanagement of the process with electric than gas, so I didn't end up hovering over the kettle the entire time.
Next steps are to put together a second kettle as the big bottleneck right now is dealing with the mash/sparge water in the same pot as the boil. After that, I'll convert the PWM to a PID and finally procure pumps and go full on HERMS.