Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Elec SaneKeg, bottom or side?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
mavrick1903
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks y'all. and I do understand the tri-clamp sizing, the step from 2" tri to 1/2" npt was the missing link. if I go directly to MNPT, do you suppose there is enough room for the valve handle to swing?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
wyzazz
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick1903 View Post
Thanks y'all. and I do understand the tri-clamp sizing, the step from 2" tri to 1/2" npt was the missing link. if I go directly to MNPT, do you suppose there is enough room for the valve handle to swing?
The only way to know for sure is to call the supplier you are purchasing from and ask someone to measure it or ask them to test fit the two items for you. .
And I'd like to see my 1.080 beers ready from grain to glass in a week, and served to me by red-headed twin penthouse pets wearing garter belts and fishnet stockings, with Irish accents, calling me "master luv gun," but we can't always get what we want can we? :)

Old 06-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #13
mavrick1903
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyzazz View Post
The only way to know for sure is to call the supplier you are purchasing from and ask someone to measure it or ask them to test fit the two items for you. .
Thanks Wyzazz, I realized after I posted this that a ball valve has a 90* swing, so orientation should solve the issue.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #14
mavrick1903
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Can anyone suggest a source for 2" Tri > 1/2" Male NPT?

Old 06-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #15
wyzazz
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 48

St. Pat's, I've ordered there in the past without an issue. You can also check ebay and find a good deal sometimes. Darrin from Brewers Hardware also stocks some Tri-Clover Fittings on his site.
And I'd like to see my 1.080 beers ready from grain to glass in a week, and served to me by red-headed twin penthouse pets wearing garter belts and fishnet stockings, with Irish accents, calling me "master luv gun," but we can't always get what we want can we? :)

Quick Reply