Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > CPVC SCH 80 for RIMS Tube

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #11
eric_pwb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellinmi88 View Post
The sensor would be mounted in the tube within the downstream flow, right in front of the bushing that takes it from 2" to 1/2".

For the record, I would prefer SS just exploring all options as this will be my first (and I am sure not my last) build. The first one does not have to be all nice and shinny.
This is also my first build, and I was lucky enough to have a connection to get an awesome deal on SS, but after lots of research and thinking, I would have gone SS either way.

It has been said many times, only the rich can afford to buy cheap. IMHO I would rather build it once and spend my money and build my base equipment once, and spend my money later on upgrades like solenoid valves and sexy looking cart/stand than spend money on rebuilding what has prematurely worn out or failed. Just my $0.02. Not to say cpvc absolutely could not be used, like everything else it has its pros and cons. My second choice would be copper, for the sole reason that in the event of a dry fire/stuck mash you don't run the risk of a total melt down.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #12
mattd2
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellinmi88 View Post
Ahhhh having a connection helps. I think you will find that most people are spending closer to $200 for a completed 2" SS RIMS tube.
Don't forget to include the cost of primer and cement when working out which choice is best.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:31 AM   #13
bellinmi88
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yeah I am pretty much convinced. As it turns out my Internet searching skills are not as good as I thought they were....since posting this I have found some other online SS retailers by reading other threads and have reduced the cost down to about $120 using Tri clover!

In case you didn't see this thread...

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/buil...s-tube-159639/

Your point about investing in core base components is a no brainer makes sense to build the Tube once and if I can do it with Tri clamps...all the better.

Thanks for the input!

Oatmeal Stout

Quick Reply