Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Countertop Brutus 20 build w/ immersion chiller...help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
jramirez126
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Countertop Brutus 20 build w/ immersion chiller...help

I want to make the step from extract to AG brewing and looking for some advice. I've taken JKarp's CB20 idea (thank you JKarp!) and modified it in a way to be able to recirculate cold water from the MLT through a custom immersion chiller plumbed in the BK instead of using running water during the chill. I still want to use gravity to flow from the MLT to the BK and I only want one pump (Just like JKarp's). The only flaw that i have noticed is the hop stopper (made by theelectricbrewery.com) that i want to use to filter out liquid/hop trub after the boil. I'm afraid it will have an affect during the mash circulation. I would really like some feedback before i invest time and money into my idea. Sorry for the ghetto scanned pictures (ps the sight glass will not be mounted directly below the heating element mount, just a lack of drawing ability). Thanks in advance.

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/...ChillSetup.jpg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #2
benbradford
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts

the only question is about the hop strainer? shouldnt slow anything down i guess...

I think it's too bad that everybody's decided to turn on drugs, I don't think drugs are the problem. Crime is the problem. Cops are the problem. Money's the problem. But drugs are just drugs.
Jerry Garcia

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply